Are any iPhone 4 cases available at the Apple store??

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
California
Are any iPhone 4 cases available to purchase from their brick and mortar stores? I went to the Apple store yesterday and didn't see any for sale (maybe I missed them).

If not, where else can I find iPhone 4 cases (not online)? I need a case right now and don't want to wait several weeks for the case app to go through. Thanks for any help.

wwjbd24

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
When I went in (three days ago) they didnt have any, but I'd like to know where I can get one right now too!

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
California
When I went in (three days ago) they didnt have any, but I'd like to know where I can get one right now too!
Apparently Best Buy has some mediocre ones (iFrogz, a Griffin case, and a few others) from my Google searching. Speck says that the Candyshell is available at AT&T stores but I am hesitant to buy that one because of the flash issue. Not sure where else to find cases aside from online... :(

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Best Buy has some. I've gotten 2 Rocketfish TPU cases and a Belkin TPU case as well (the Grip Vue, I think it's called.) Personally, I liked all 3 and wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them if you're in a hurry to get a case and can't or won't shop online ('cause online, you can find the same type of thing for about 1/10 the price). I totally get wanting to get one ASAP, though.

UniPro

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
I see you live in OC. I was at the Irvine spectrum last and while the Apple store there didn't have any, there was a Fusion of Ideas right across from it that had quite a few cases.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
California
I see you live in OC. I was at the Irvine spectrum last and while the Apple store there didn't have any, there was a Fusion of Ideas right across from it that had quite a few cases.
Alright, thanks to all of you for suggestions. I called a few Apple stores and none had cases in stock, I wonder if this is because of the case program or what. Annoying for those of us who actually want to buy a case, but I bet if they kept cases in stock they would just get customers asking why those cases weren't free. :rolleyes:

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Are any iPhone 4 cases available to purchase from their brick and mortar stores?
Wal-mart. Seriously.

I was in one in the Atlanta area this afternoon that had three black Apple bumpers, couple of Griffin Reveals, some brand of screen protectors, and also a couple other hard shell cases -- all for iphone 4.

I hear Best Buy also has cases in stock but I've had no reason to go there.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
California
Well I went to Best Buy and ended up choosing a Rocketfish gel case. A little overpriced at $25 imo, but it looks decent, offers decent protection and remedies the antenna issue. I'll keep it till my free case ships or until I can get a Speck Pixelskin or Incase Slider in a color I want!

scull20

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2008
Was at the applestore today getting my iphone replaced due to issues with the sleep/wake button. I asked the guy who was helping me if they had any cases and he told me they did, but they had to send them all back due to the case program.

-Ryan

bks691

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
You might want to check Target, they had everything from Otterbox to all different kinds of Speck cases for the iPhone 4 :)

missygal

Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
Well I went to Best Buy and ended up choosing a Rocketfish gel case. A little overpriced at $25 imo, but it looks decent, offers decent protection and remedies the antenna issue. I'll keep it till my free case ships or until I can get a Speck Pixelskin or Incase Slider in a color I want!
I also got the Rocketfish case and love it!!

Demosthenes427

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
I called the three closest Apple Stores to my house - Smith Haven, Roosevelt Field, and Connecticut - and they all said that they don't sell cases or screen protectors in their stores.

Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.