Are any iPhone 4 cases available at the Apple store??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by extraextra, Jul 31, 2010.

1. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Are any iPhone 4 cases available to purchase from their brick and mortar stores? I went to the Apple store yesterday and didn't see any for sale (maybe I missed them).

If not, where else can I find iPhone 4 cases (not online)? I need a case right now and don't want to wait several weeks for the case app to go through. Thanks for any help.

2. wwjbd24 macrumors member

When I went in (three days ago) they didnt have any, but I'd like to know where I can get one right now too!

3. extraextra thread starter macrumors 68000

extraextra

Apparently Best Buy has some mediocre ones (iFrogz, a Griffin case, and a few others) from my Google searching. Speck says that the Candyshell is available at AT&T stores but I am hesitant to buy that one because of the flash issue. Not sure where else to find cases aside from online... :(

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Best Buy has some. I've gotten 2 Rocketfish TPU cases and a Belkin TPU case as well (the Grip Vue, I think it's called.) Personally, I liked all 3 and wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them if you're in a hurry to get a case and can't or won't shop online ('cause online, you can find the same type of thing for about 1/10 the price). I totally get wanting to get one ASAP, though.

5. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

I see you live in OC. I was at the Irvine spectrum last and while the Apple store there didn't have any, there was a Fusion of Ideas right across from it that had quite a few cases.

6. extraextra thread starter macrumors 68000

extraextra

Alright, thanks to all of you for suggestions. I called a few Apple stores and none had cases in stock, I wonder if this is because of the case program or what. Annoying for those of us who actually want to buy a case, but I bet if they kept cases in stock they would just get customers asking why those cases weren't free. :rolleyes:

7. xMastemah macrumors member

Yeah...Best Buy had tons in my area. Apple Stores never carry enough of anything. :rolleyes:

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Wal-mart. Seriously.

I was in one in the Atlanta area this afternoon that had three black Apple bumpers, couple of Griffin Reveals, some brand of screen protectors, and also a couple other hard shell cases -- all for iphone 4.

I hear Best Buy also has cases in stock but I've had no reason to go there.

9. extraextra thread starter macrumors 68000

extraextra

Well I went to Best Buy and ended up choosing a Rocketfish gel case. A little overpriced at $25 imo, but it looks decent, offers decent protection and remedies the antenna issue. I'll keep it till my free case ships or until I can get a Speck Pixelskin or Incase Slider in a color I want!

10. scull20 macrumors newbie

Was at the applestore today getting my iphone replaced due to issues with the sleep/wake button. I asked the guy who was helping me if they had any cases and he told me they did, but they had to send them all back due to the case program.

-Ryan

11. bks691 macrumors regular

You might want to check Target, they had everything from Otterbox to all different kinds of Speck cases for the iPhone 4 :)

12. missygal Guest

missygal

I also got the Rocketfish case and love it!!

13. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

I called the three closest Apple Stores to my house - Smith Haven, Roosevelt Field, and Connecticut - and they all said that they don't sell cases or screen protectors in their stores.

Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?