Are any of the clear cases any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by freemini, Jul 26, 2010.

1. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

I'll order an iPhone 4 this Friday. When I get it, I'll order a free case(assuming they offer the same cases in Norway). I'm thinking of getting the PixelSkin HD because it looks most protective. I'm wondering if any of the clear cases available are good. I have a feeling that I'll love the way the iPhone 4 looks naked, so I would like a clear, but protective case.

2. freemini thread starter macrumors regular

freemini

That's just for looks, not protection. I want a case that helps if I drop it.. And the bumper only helps if it falls on something really flat or on it's side.

3. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I have the belkin clear vue. I'm not sure if it's on the apple free case program. The case provides good protection, allows me to use my sgp screen protector , and shows the stainless steel antenna. Great little case, only problem is that it's slowly turning yellow. You can go check it out at bestbuy.

4. yezzurp macrumors member

Mind you clear cases(if you have the black phone) will collect and trap dust and will be visible. Obviously it isn't a big deal to take out and give it a quick wipe, but for me personally I would prefer something with colour. Honestly most of these thin clear cases don't really do much but add maybe scratch protection at best. YOu might want to consider something like the bestskinzever. (wouldn't recomend zag like many others due to annoying orange peel effect.) I mean if you were to really drop your phone I wouldn't trust something as thin as 1 mm :D

5. freemini thread starter macrumors regular

freemini

I owned a Zagg for my 3GS, but I took it off because I couldn't play games well with it(my finger didn't slide on the screen well enough).. So I'm not gonna buy a Zagg again.
    And I'm talking about the clear cases Apple offers for free.

6. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Not necessarily true, have you seen the Tech21 band video of the guy throwing the iPod touch at the wall or off the balcony onto the stones below?

That D3O material is so much better than rubber and for a phone made from glass (for Gods sake) maximum drop protection is what you need.

7. freemini thread starter macrumors regular

freemini

How's the bumper supposed to help if I drop it on it's back, on rocks?(or an uneven surface) in that case the Bumper will stay untouched and my iPhone will take all the impact, possibly shattering the back.. With a case that goes around the back, at least the case takes some of the impact, thus reducing the chances of a shattered back.