Are any of these issues hardware related????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crazichik, Mar 11, 2011.

1. crazichik, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

crazichik macrumors newbie

I got a new MBP a few days ago, and tomorrow I'm going to be going back to the Apple store to get the iPad 2, and b4 I go, I would like to know if any of these issues are hardware related, cause if they are, while I'm there, I will just exchange for another MBP. Here are the issues I'm having.

1. Sometimes I get this blue screen when I wake my MBP from sleep. It stays there for like a second, and it goes away.

2. Apple logo stays on for like, 2-4 seconds when I close the lid.

3. Battery lasting only 2-3 hours when doing very basic tasks like using pages or Safari.

4. Sometimes, while Facetiming, my feed will freeze

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's nothing wrong with your Mac. You don't need to return it.
    It's normal. It's just waking from sleep. If it doesn't go away, that would be an issue to worry about.
    Before your Mac goes into sleep mode, it saves contents of RAM to disk. That takes some time. That's why you shouldn't move your MBP around until you see the sleep light pulsing, indicating that it's in sleep mode and the drive isn't in use.
    Your battery life is dependent on many factors, such as screen brightness, WiFi, bluetooth, apps/processes/widgets running, Flash on websites, multimedia, etc. Calibrate your battery to make sure your readings are accurate. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. crazichik thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DudeMartin macrumors regular

I couldn't think of a hardware problem that would cause a webcam feed to freeze, so it would have to do something on the software/network (perhaps slow network) side of things.