Are Any Of You Going To Wait For The Perfect Batch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YungMoola94, Sep 11, 2014.

1. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Just wondering, because usually first batch of phones have some sort of QC issues, like the scuffgate on the 5 (Mine was fine)

Also, screen issues on the 5S where the display would show a yellow hue.

Any of you guys worried?

2. ctbaz macrumors member

Never had issues with any of my launch phones.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Got every one of my iPhones in the first 1-2 days. Never had a problem. :D:cool:

:apple:

4. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Happy with both my launch 4 and 5. But I'm foreseeing the issue for returns this year is because people can't make their mind on screen size.

5. jdblas69 macrumors regular

I remember when I ordered my iPhone 5 from my carrier and I think it arrived something like 3-4 weeks after launch and remember reading all the horror stories about scuffgate on the forums here and freaking out that I would get one that was effective, but it was perfect.

6. dubels macrumors 6502

No, APPLECARE. Walk in with problem phone, walk out with new phone. Had countless phones replaced under Applecare. To me it is one of the main selling points. That and the BS that people get from Samsung CS: "The hardware is ours but any software issues should be directed towards Google." No thanks, I'll just stick with Apple for the ease of service.

Stores will have replacement phones on hand and if they don't Apple works hard to make releases go well so they make sure you are satisfied. When I worked the iPhone 4 launch, a girl bought a iPhone 4 from me and dropped it rock climbing the day after the launch. Old Applecare did not cover drops, but our manager wanted to make sure she was satisfied customer and got her a new phone. Saw more broken screens replaced for free during the first week the 4 was out than all other times combined. But keep in mind it is up to the manager. It is not something they are required to do! So don't go dropping your phone and telling them that some former Apple employee told you that it is their duty to replace it.

7. jian macrumors regular

I've got the first batch of 4s, 5, 5s, and gonna get 6+.

8. HJ24 macrumors regular

9. Escher2112 macrumors member

Apple has always been super at replacing broken stuff with me. They replaced my retina MBP screen with only 1 bad pixel... the guy at the store said it would drive him nuts as well and wouldn't expect a customer to tolerate it. I really think they want you happy.

If there is some issue with the first batch, it may take some time, but they will make it right.

10. Huracan macrumors 6502

Huracan

I'm ok if people want to wait, perhaps the perfect batch is the one on September next year ;) The more people who wait for the perfect batch the better chances for me to score a launch day phone :apple: :cool:

11. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Yes I am worried. My iPhone 4 was riddled with issues. The home button stopped working. That's when I bought apple care (And will get apple care + for the 6) and had them send me a new/refurb iPhone 4. That also had problems and then the next one they sent was fine.

12. bounce08 macrumors member

Probably the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on MacRumors.

13. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

let me guess... your iphone 4 antenna worked flawlessly?

14. terraphantm macrumors 68040

+1, I've always had good luck with Apple replacing my items, even for issues that are subjective (e.g. yellow tinted screen). I actually went through 7 3GS' (granted most of those were for bigger issues, like the camera taking pink pictures)

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nope. First batch of the 5. Had problems with the power button but Apple took care of it.

I can barely wait till next Friday, let alone the second batch.

16. bounce08 macrumors member

No.

But I didn't cry over it. **** happens. The world didn't end.

17. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

did OP say the world would end?

funny, i thought he just wanted to wait a couple weeks to avoid any launch headaches which are not uncommon on huge releases of technology, whether it be a new smartphone, gaming console, etc.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Oh, I've read worse. Much worse. This one is pretty bad, but not a winner.

19. gagecloutier macrumors member

Honestly, there's no such thing as a "perfect batch" in technology. Every revision could be flawed in the slightest of ways that the majority of people may not even catch onto until months or years down the road.

20. terraphantm macrumors 68040

But none of them did. So waiting wouldn't have helped, unless you waited for the 4S

21. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

There will be some QC issues. There always is. I would rather have a phone though :)

22. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

touche...

...but at least the people who waited didn't have a phone with **** signal for a month before they gave us those free bumper cases.

23. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Another happy first-day buyer here Never had a problem, so I'm in for opening day! :apple:

24. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Anyone want to guess what the iPhone 6 gate might be called?