Are any updates before iPad launch even realistic? (MP, MBP, ...)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 2contagious, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

I was thinking: now that Apple has announced the iPad, would they really want to take away 'the hype' from it by releasing product updates on the MacBook Pro's and Mac Pro's? I mean: if they would release any product update in between now and the iPad launch, they would have to put the news on the Apple.com site.. and would they really get rid of that big iPad picture and put it into one of the smaller sections (the pictures below)? I don't know.. maybe I am wrong and they would do that.. or they would put the product updates as smaller sections below. What do you think, how realistic is a product update on the MacBook Pro / Mac Pro side BEFORE the iPad comes out?

Also, if you think it is realistic... when do you think this will happen?

see you,
    chris.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Of course an update can happen, and hopefully will.

Normally the Apple site has a row of other items below the main item, it is just not there right now due to the iPad.
    They can use that second row (and they have before), but an i5/7 MBP should get the big treatment nonetheless.

3. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

And when do you think this will happen?
    How about the iPad launch and Mac Pro and Macbook Pro updates happening at the same time.. has something similar happened before? (launch and updates at the same time?)

Basically I got an iMac 27" two days ago (yellow tinge) and got a replacement yesterday (also yellow tinge) and I will just use this one for my current project at uni (for which I need to use photoshop, indesign, final cut pro and adobe after effects) this weekend and get a refund next week, as I will then have a written essay to do over the following 2 weeks, so I won't necessarily need a Mac at home, as I can just do research on my PS3 browser. So that essay buys me another 2 weeks until 22nd February. Mac Pro / MBP updates by then are realistic?