Are Apple Repairs Normally This Quick?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Don’t get me wrong, I love that my MBP was pretty much repaired and completed the same day, but are they normally this quick??

As you can see, they received my computer this morning and I just checked and it’s already done. It was sent in for the battery and anti-reflective coating part of the Apple Repair Program.

1E1564F0-AB6A-47A2-BF1E-A7A1A68CBDF5.jpeg

Reactions: blaine07

zhenya

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2005
Pretty much. I usually have our devices back in 3-4 days including shipping times.

iPad pro

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2015
Don’t get me wrong, I love that my MBP was pretty much repaired and completed the same day, but are they normally this quick??

As you can see, they received my computer this morning and I just checked and it’s already done. It was sent in for the battery and anti-reflective coating part of the Apple Repair Program.

View attachment 868185
What kind of repair did you get?

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
Will say this, my MBP 2018 died, just dead, only sign of life was top left little bit showing. Genius Bar sent off Monday afternoon, was at repair facility bu Tuesday morning, and completely fixed by Tuesday at noon. But had has been showing as shipped since then. I was thinking maybe they shipped ground back, but still should be back. Hoping it is today, guess we will see, but frustrating that it has been "fixed" since Tuesday at noon. I won't be mad unless it doesn't show today, besides being mad overall at a 2018 MacBook Pro fully loaded just going blank.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2017
Yes, in my experience.
I've had phone batteries and screens repaired and back in my hand in under 2 hours on 3 occasions.
I've had 3 Macbook pro repairs (all covered by Apple care) which have been out and back in under 3 days and one included international shipment!
It really helps if you make an appointment first rather than walk in as they know when they have availability to do the repair.