Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DR_K13

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Can any apple store employees tell me if the retail store is still carrying the older ipod shuffle? I was checking out my friend's current gen shuffle and I didnt like it. I am looking to get the older one for my mom, or do old people like the nano better ? :p

shufflesilver.jpg

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
Can any apple store employees tell me if the retail store is still carrying the older ipod shuffle? I was checking out my friend's current gen shuffle and I didnt like it. I am looking to get the older one for my mom, or do old people like the nano better ? :p

shufflesilver.jpg

Yes, they are still in retail stores.

DR_K13

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Thanks guys, I got her this pink shuffle. I walked her through iTunes and taught her how to rip CDs , she bought an album through the store as well. She was happy how easy everything was and wants to get a mac Mini now! ( pm me if you have one for sale! ) . I think we have another switcher on our hands.

mediacardblackberrypictl.jpg

DR_K13

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Nice one DR K13:D You would be amazed at how many windows users make the switch to mac after first owning an ipod (me being one of them)

Thats what got me as well. It wasn't so much the ipod itself but the ease of Itunes. :apple:

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks guys, I got her this pink shuffle. I walked her through iTunes and taught her how to rip CDs , she bought an album through the store as well. She was happy how easy everything was and wants to get a mac Mini now! ( pm me if you have one for sale! ) . I think we have another switcher on our hands.

mediacardblackberrypictl.jpg

If you've got a switcher, I would check out either the clearance/refurb minis (before the last update) or eBay. Minis are Apple's gateway drug. Took me a year before I had to have something better, so I got a MacBook Pro. If you're talking about someone who literally does nothing but Internet, e-mail, iTunes, etc., definitely save that money on the older mini.

... or you could talk about a MacBook. You can probably find a refurb MacBook white for $900.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.