Are Apple silents replacing broken for working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReflexReact, Jul 18, 2010.

1. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

I remember before the conference there was discussion surrounding a number of people that had recieved from apple a fully working iphone, one that does not exhibit the death grip issue.

Were these rumours overhyped and unsubstantiated, or is this still going on?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

1 guy says the iPhone 4 has an issue, everyone freaks out

1 guy says the iPhone 4 has been fixed, everyone freaks out.

placebo effect.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Some people received iP4's that don't have the problem, therefore I would assume that some don't. When you return one and get a new or refurbished one it could be one of these that for some reason does not have the issue.

By the by refurbished from Apple is generally better tested than new, I would never be reluctant to be offered a refurbished item from them.

4. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

5. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

then whats impossible?

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

This has never been proved. The more likely scenario is some people's location and other circumstances are such that the problem never manifests.

Not to mention that Apple would have just said there were some manufacturing issues rather than going through a whole presentation on why the reception problem is normal behavior and giving away free cases.

7. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Well I received a replacement a little over a week ago for the damn sim card issue. Guess what....took it back and got another phone yesterday for the same damn issue!!!! I would say the same crappy hardware is still out there. How the hell can one person get the same issue on two phones.??? Also would like to note this one is the same batch as the previous 2. Countdown begins now on the slow death of this one. I still to this day have not had a dropped call so mine have been good that way. Last phone had spotty prox sensor.

The apple store near me now has a picture of me on their wall....I was bit of a douche yesterday. Understandably so...It's a 45 min drive and I had to wait an hour to be seen. There was a ton of people getting phones swapped out. I counted at least 50 in the hour I was there.

I guess I am going to look at it this way when people ask me how my ip4 is...
    I just tell them it's a great iPad nano with a phone that sometimes works.