Are Apple Stores actually getting shipments everyday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by udryguy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. udryguy macrumors newbie

I am having a hard time fiding out if Apple Stores are actually getting shipments each day. Since I have to work Monday-Friday, I have been calling the stores after work asking if they had received a shipment of Ipads today. I tend to get the response of "Unfortunately, we didn't get any today." This is usually the same store that told me when I was physically in the store the night before, that they would be going on sale at 9 a.m. the next morning. I am planning to try and go early Saturday since that is really my only chance, but can anyone else confirm the stores are actually getting daily shipments? Do you think they will get more on Saturday or am I going to be getting up early and waiting in line for a few hours to be told they haven't received any?

Thanks for the help..

2. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Let me be Steve Jobs so I can know that for you.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The policy now (from what I was told and read) is for stores to hold iPads until the next morning. So if a shipment comes in at 12:00 on Saturday, they can't be sold until Sunday. They won't be for sale at 12:30, the store will continue to say "sold out, try tomorrow." The stores here (Baltimore area) did NOT get any last Sat or Sun, but did every other day. I was in line at 5:30AM on Wed to score one. Still made it to work in time for a 9:30 meeting :)

Good luck!

4. irisheyesgirl macrumors newbie

Apple store in Madison, WI told me the same thing. If they get a shipment in, it will be released for sale the next morning (they said to call anytime after 5 pm to find out if they got a shipment.) Yesterday they received a shipment of 11 - 16GB Wi-fi only. The mall doors opened at 7:00 am and there were already 20+ people in line. They handed out tickets for the devices - so they were 'sold out' by 7:01 am.

No 'luck of the irish' for me today! :(

5. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

Ugh Ive been at the towson apple store everyday this week...

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Towson had some yesterday morning, at least according to the person that answered the phone. When we got our tickets at Columbia (around 7:30AM), a guy called Towson to see if they had any, because Columbia didn't have the model he wanted. The person that answered said "yes, we have some and there's no line, but we can't say what models or quantities we have."

Just line up early :)

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Well I guess I will be lined up this Saturday (hoping to snag one for the wife) as most days I can't be there at 8 becuase I start work before then.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You'll have to try everyday and just get lucky. There's no policy or law that says each and every store gets a new shipment everyday.

9. Virtute macrumors member

I think that this "shipment every day" rumour started from a miscommunication. As I understand it, the stores do receive new shipments every day, but they have no way of telling whether there are going to be any iPads in them until they arrive. An employee probably just explained this to someone poorly and they took it to mean iPads every day.

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Here is what an employee said' "we get 'shipments' every day, but they could be 100 printers. They are blind shipments."

11. baummer macrumors 6502a

Sure they get shipments everyday. Products ranging from office/store supplies to new stock. Are they getting iPad 2 shipments daily? No one really knows at this point. I would guess no, they are not getting iPad 2 shipments daily.

12. GeekieNeekie macrumors newbie

Satisfied FINALLY! lol

Hello I made it a point this morning to be at the Apple store 1st and that happened at 5:30 am. I watched the sun rise and people started to come and was like cool you're here at 5:30 and it's not launch day! I had a feeling the store would have shipment. I wanted a 16 g black wifi iPad 2 but he said he had black and white 32 g wifi only, eh I'll put the extra money up for it so I took it! Getting it 1 week after launch day is better than my 3-4 week expected online order! :D