Are Apple Stores exchanging iPad 2's with light leak issues no problem?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by duelingdragons, Apr 9, 2011.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Mine is pretty bad, and I also have a dead pixel. I shouldn't have any problems exchanging it right?

2. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

Call AppleCare, report your issues, and they'll document your serial # to get a replacement from the store.

3. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

From what I have read here they are exchanging them. The problem is I have yet to see one that's "perfect". Mine has it but I'm gonna wait a month or two before I try to get it replaced. Hopefully by then it will be fixed, if not I can just return it all together to target for a refund.

4. PhilaScott macrumors regular

PhilaScott

Same here... if i sit in the dark and black out the screen, i can see it, but under normal use, I don't notice it at all... Figure I'll do the same.. give it a month or two when supplies are replenished and take it in. For now, I just don't notice it under normal use.

5. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

Yep I am going to do the same. I just hope they won't refuse. I already tried once and he offered to replace it but at that moment I changed my mind and decided to just keep it as from what I've seen the replacement would be very likely to suffer the same issue.

6. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

There is some which are near enough "perfect" in the backlight bleeding thread. Good enough so you can't see the backlight bleeding at low brightness and maybe see a little bit if it's at full brightness and you look hard but your never going to get a "perfect" screen anyway.

This one for example. http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12357576&postcount=1576

7. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

If you call in for a case # you should be fine.. But they will exchange it just for the dead pixel.