iPhone 11 Pro Are Apple Stores getting regular stock for walk-ins?

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Just got done settling up with T-mobile for my iPhone X and want to trade in on an 11 Pro Max. I know I can order one online and wait. Has anyone had any luck walking in/out of an Apple store? I'm in the DFW area so there's several Apple Stores within driving distance.

What's my best strategy if I'm wanting to buy from Apple and lol. a little impatient?

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Check iSrockNow; you’ll be able to find one relatively quick.
I've been looking at that, even went through the whole notifications Telegram thing, haven't seen any popping up since launch. Didn't know if it was still working

Jmik4

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
I was able to walk in twice last week and get a new 11 pro. Usually If you go once they open they’ll make you a reservation for later in that day. Or you can check on apples website at around 8am that morning and they refresh stock for walk in appointments and pick up. At least that has been my experience recently.

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
That was my experience, too: last Wednesday I checked Apple's website and saw availability of the model I wanted with the capacity I wanted at one of the local Apple retail stores, so got in the car and drove over there. They explained that I'd need a reservation, which was duly made, and I killed some time browsing around the mall, having a nice lunch, etc., and then returned to the store to briefly wait in a short line to get my iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green..... I'm loving it! So gorgeous!!

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
I got a 256GB 11 Pro for my wife at the Staten Island (NYC) store earlier today. They had all colors, except green. It seems like there’s plenty of walk-in stock.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Check iSrockNow; you’ll be able to find one relatively quick.
Apparently iStocknow.com is not working as it's last updated 2 weeks ago. In fact Apple Store near me did get new shipments in last week. So somethings broken.

Anyways suggestion for the OP would be is to check 6 AM Local time to see if any store near you shows available fo pick up. If you see that it's available, then likely that store has plenty of stock in their inventory. If you see that it's available for pick up then you can either order online for in-store pick up or try your luck walking there and do a walk in.

Keep in mind that Apple does set aside for online orders and for walk-in's as well. Also I find that Apple Disables the in-store pick up at 6 PM daily, and re-enables them at 6 AM daily. So, just because you checked at 6:05 pm and the apple.com shows that it's not available for pick up, does not mean they are out of stock.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Apparently iStocknow.com is not working as it's last updated 2 weeks ago. In fact Apple Store near me did get new shipments in last week. So somethings broken.

Anyways suggestion for the OP would be is to check 6 AM Local time to see if any store near you shows available fo pick up. If you see that it's available, then likely that store has plenty of stock in their inventory. If you see that it's available for pick up then you can either order online for in-store pick up or try your luck walking there and do a walk in.

Keep in mind that Apple does set aside for online orders and for walk-in's as well. Also I find that Apple Disables the in-store pick up at 6 PM daily, and re-enables them at 6 AM daily. So, just because you checked at 6:05 pm and the apple.com shows that it's not available for pick up, does not mean they are out of stock.
Thanks for the tips! I was wondering what was up with istocknow. Seemed like no stores were getting any stock. And I know from previous launches that Apple can be tricky about how they allocate supply.

I will try setting some alarms for 6am checks. I had a theory that Apple must be setting some aside for walk-ins. I’d like to find one this week if at all possible, and avoid fruitless 30 minute drives to the DFW Apple stores. I just struck out at one of the local malls, I’ll try again Monday.

jm31828

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
In Los Angeles every store has plenty of iPhones available.
The Apple store near me here in metro Seattle is out of all colors until this next week. My carrier is as well- been waiting a week for my 11, which is supposedly going to finally ship on Wednesday.

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2014
There have been no 11 Pro's in stock where I live, or within several hours drive from where I live, for the last week or so. I have checked daily and multiple times a day.

I paid off my iPhone X and my wife's in anticipation of purchasing new one's. My first phone bill without the phone charges came over the weekend. After seeing my "new" phone bill I may just let my now paid for iPhone X's go for another year and enjoy the lower phone bill. Apple's lack of iPhone availability may save me money.

Reactions: Natesac

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
The NY metro area stores have been getting stock every day. Not necessarily every color in every model in every storage capacity at every store, but, if there's a specific combo you like, just check store.apple.com in the morning to see where you can pick one up. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find exactly the one you want within a day or two.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
The NY metro area stores have been getting stock every day. Not necessarily every color in every model in every storage capacity at every store, but, if there's a specific combo you like, just check store.apple.com in the morning to see where you can pick one up. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find exactly the one you want within a day or two.
I’ve been checking store.apple.com periodically for over a week now and the DFW area seems to be devoid of all T-mobile models. I’ve set myself an alarm to start checking at 6am.

jm31828

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
I signed up with Xfinity Mobile on 9/29 and they had none of the 64GB regular 11's in stock so had to order me one, with an estimated availability date of 10/9. Seems crazy to have to wait that long when other carriers are getting theirs refreshed frequently. However they did have the coveted green pro on hand, the lady took it out by mistake thinking that is the one I wanted- I was surprised thinking that would be the one that's hardest to find of all.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
I live in Maine - I was at the store last week and they had some in stock but not the size / color I wanted. Guy said check online every morning since they get a lot of stock in daily but either they haven't or my timing has been off - still trying several times each morning.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
Went to Apple store again in Maine today - person said they get phones 6 days a week but don't know which model, size, cell carrier until they actually get there.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Columbus, OH
I walked into the Easton store in Columbus, Ohio and walked out with one last Sunday. They had all colors and sizes of the pro. No line. No wait.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Update: several stores in the DFW area got several models I was interested in. Was able to find them online for in-store pickup

BUUUUUUT turns out T-Mobile business accounts for some reason can’t take advantage of the no interest Apple financing or IUP. Soooooo looks like no phone for me. Several chats with T-mobile and an hour long call to Apple sales rep, think I’m out of luck. Don’t feel like dropping a ton on a down payment to upgrade from the iPhone X. lol and I already bought some 11 Pro Max cases 🤦‍♂️

nanocustoms

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Anyone sink low enough to buy from Craigslist? I found one with AppleCare+. Basically said they didn’t like the size.

do you think I should Gamble? This is for my wife.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Anyone sink low enough to buy from Craigslist? I found one with AppleCare+. Basically said they didn’t like the size.

Do your homework and be sure to safeguard yourself. Ask for the IMEI # in advance to ensure it’s not locked/stolen. Meet in a safe location, even police departments now have ‘Internet exchange parking stalls’ with Camera surveillance. Bring someone with you and make sure you inspect the phone before you handover the cash. Remember, if it’s too good to be true, sometimes it likely is.

Reactions: coney718

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess

Why on earth would you even consider using Craigslist? Just go to the Apple store or your carrier and buy whichever model of the new iPhone is most appealing to your wife there..... Then at least you'll know you have a legitimate iPhone, not something that mysteriously "fell off the back of the truck" or "wasn't the right size," whatever.... Sheesh!!!

Reactions: Fozziebear71