Are Apple Store's shipping dates dependable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jsyxx, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jsyxx macrumors newbie

I ordered a MacBook Pro yesterday and according to the 'order status', it says prepared for shipping. I just wanted to know if the shipping dates are reliable. They said that it ships between 4 - 6 days, so does this mean that it actually ships or that it will be received within 4 - 6 days. I chose the free shipping method

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

it will most likely ship within that date. i doubt Later but there is a slight(again, slight) chance it will ship early.

Just count on the said shipping date. u can always track the FedEx Order to see its current status.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

By "Ships in 4-6 days," they mean that it's estimated to take 4-6 days to ship from the factory (presumably in China, if you're in the States). From there, I would expect an additional week for delivery. I haven't ordered anything BTO from Apple since my 15" TiBook several years ago, but I received my machine in about a week and a half.

4. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I second this...it shouldn't be any later, but earlier is possible.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I find that it is usually very reliable

In fact, i tend to get things 1 day in advance

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I agree. the shipping estimates are either dead-on or too conservative (ships earlier). this is from experience ordering, over the course of 3 years: 3 MBPs, 5 iPods, and 3 printers. not one shipped late. the printers shipped early, as did 1 MBP and 2 iPods.

7. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

I ordered a refurb 23 inch monitor this past april with a shipping date between 5-8 business days. It shipped the next day.

8. blumoon macrumors member

I recently ordered a refurb macbook. It shipped the same day and was delivered 3 days earlier than their estimate. Not complaining.