Are Apple Workshops a Free Service?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacPerforma, May 4, 2010.

1. MacPerforma macrumors member

I was browsing the Apple site and just noticed for the first time that the Apple stores offer a variety of workshops. As someone who will likely be buying a MacBook Pro in the near future, some of the hands-on workshops look like they could be interesting and helpful. That said, are these workshops free, and are they available to basically anyone who signs up?

Also, I'll probably be buying my MBP from an authorized Apple dealer as opposed to buying directly from Apple, so would this disqualify me from being able to take advantage of the workshops? Similarly, is buying the One to One or ProCare support option required in order to take advantage of the workshops? I was trying to find the fine print, as this seems like a great service - almost too good to be offered for free!

Thanks!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Workshops are free but are impersonal, you have one Genius to 10-15 people. One to One can be purchased as long as you're within the 14-day period since you bought the computer; the computer itself does not need to be purchased at an Apple retail store, but you will have to travel to one to get the personalized training sessions it gives you access to.