Are Apps and Games Draining Your 3GS Battery Quickly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sparkles61785, Jul 13, 2009.

1. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

My 3GS battery drains significantly while playing games. For example, I just played Geodefense for 30 minutes, and my battery went down 11%. Is that normal? Here is my usage:

[​IMG]

By the way, I'm not sure why it says it was on standby for 35 minutes, while in actuality I was playing a game for 30 minutes.

This is really starting to upset me, because what's the use of this beefed up iPhone, when the battery doesn't have the capacity to last through a game (even though Apple alleges that the battery lasts longer)? Is anyone experiencing this problem, or is my battery potentially the problem? Can the battery meter be the problem? :mad:

2. samcraig macrumors P6

30 minutes = 11 percent

that would mean you could play that game for 270 minutes (4.5 hours) straight. I think that's pretty good usage/battery drain given you're using the processor/screen constantly

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

How long would a Nintendo DS (or whatever the current standard for playing games w/o a TV....perhaps the PSP?) be able to play a game for around 4 hours straight and still have a lot of battery left. If not, then what do you expect, since your getting about the same.

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

There are also other factors to consider besides just playing the game. How bright was the screen? Did you have push on? Since 3G was on, any data transfer will use more battery than EDGE or WiFi.

The standby indicator is a little misleading. It shows the full time the phone has been off the charger. This includes being in use as well as being in standby. The usage indicator is straightforward though, it shows how long you've been using the phone.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-