Are apps bound to one serial?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danielwerner, Oct 29, 2012.

1. danielwerner macrumors regular

danielwerner

Hi,

Sorry for perhaps a stupid question, but I couldn't for the life of me find an answer via google.

If I buy a Macbook Pro and download apps (via appstore, that is) for that one, are the apps bound to only that Macbook or can I use it if I buy a new macbook in a year? Or a macbook air? Or an iMac?

Bonus question: What about apps with support for several iStuff? Can I buy an app for Mac which also works for iPhone or iPad?

Thanks! :)

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Mac App Store - works on all computers with your apple id. This is only based off experience. There may be exceptions. I also dont have any apps that I have purchased that work on Mac/iPhone/iPad for one price.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

IOS apps and Mac apps are separate and buying an IOS version doesn't give you a Mac version and vice versa.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The Mac App Store license allows you to use any applications purchased via the App Store on all your personal Macs. As noted, however, there's no crossover between the Mac App Store and the iOS App Store, so you would purchase applications separately for iOS devices vs your Macs.

jW

5. danielwerner thread starter macrumors regular

danielwerner