Are AT&T data plans prorated?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by unlimitedx, Apr 19, 2012.

1. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Ie if I were to only need 5 days of international data, will both the cost and data allotment be 5/30 of the price and MB? Same for domestic plans?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Call them and ask. It's probably the same, but AT&T can tell you for sure.

3. rroach3753 macrumors member

AT&T Prorates the price of the data plan, but you can use the entire allotment of data. For example. I'm currently travelling for work in Europe. I added the 800MB Roaming Data plan for $199.99... I'm only here for about 10 days. Once I board the plane in Amsterdam to head back to the Texas, I'll cancel it. They will prorate the cost, but not the amount of data I get. If I use all 800MB, it's a great deal for me! If I only use have, it's an OK deal. Since I'm a fairly heavy user... I'd rather have the 800MB and CMOA than pay $19.97/MB!

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Only cost is prorated. Data usage allotment is given in full.

5. robabroad macrumors newbie

Are you sure? I thought they prorated the data as well. I've used AT&T overseas a number of times and I thought I ran into some roaming because I shut off my plan too early in my cycle.

I know this works for the phone. But I'm not sure this works on the iPad. I've gotten a message from AT&T that they couldn't prorate when I've gone to shut of iPad data. Could just have been a bug at the time. I was working on three different iDevices.

Worth double checking if you use up most of your data.

Cheers.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

100% sure. Just did this last month. Turned on a day before I left. Turned off the day I arrived on US soil. Confirmed in my bill. I also confirmed with AT&T customer service online and phone prior to departing.

7. unlimitedx thread starter macrumors 6502a

What happens when AT&T delays reporting of data used? For example if I cancel the plan but the data I used two days ago didn't post to my account yet. Will that be roaming charges?