iPad Are bad screens covered under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CodeBreaker, Feb 10, 2015.

1. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

My Air 2 has a a slight yellow tint on half side of the display. This is bearable. But there is a dark spot and book spine on the left side of the screen that distracts me every time I scroll something. I kept the iPad for about 2 months thinking I can adjust to it. But I don't think I can anymore. It really is distracting and I always end up wiping that dark spot thinking the screen is externally dirty.

It seems easy to get replacements at an Apple Store by showing them the iPad. But we don't have Apple Stores in my country. Just resellers and service providers.

So are such defects covered under warranty? And was anyone else able to get it repaired/replaced by contacting Apple within the 90 day telephone support period?

2. harrypham macrumors member

You should have returned it within 14 days of return frame.

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

It may be covered by warranty, depending on the degree of the defect. You don't need an Apple Store. If your country has Apple Authorized Service Providers, then you can go to them for warranty support (someone would have to look at the screen to evaluate it).

As to phoning Apple support, you have the entire year (the entire length of the warranty), not 90 days, if the issue is due to a defect that is covered by the warranty. If it's something that can be fixed via software (changing settings, reinstalling the OS, etc.), then you have 90 days.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

You can exchange it, trust me. People have returned many apple products with greater imperfections than what you are describing.

5. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I will reach Apple and try to get it fixed.