Are black borders really noticeable on white iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheRainKing, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TheRainKing, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Hi

First of all I just need to make it clear that I'm not talking about letter boxed apps on the iPhone 5. I'm referring to the small black border that surrounds the screen on all the iPhone models. I have only ever used black iPhones so I never really noticed it, but I was about to purchase a white one and then I noticed that the black borders stood out quite a lot on the white models. So basically I'm asking anyone who has a white iPhone are the borders REALLY noticeable or do you forget they're there quite easily?

This picture is a good example of what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Honestly, That is something that is totally going to be personal to you. I had a white iphone for a few months and never noticed the borders. I'm sure your eyes would adjust over time, but I would venture to say most do not notice that.

edit: Now that you have pointed it out, I cannot look past it haha. It would probably bother me. I scrolled up after writing my initial part of this post and it was the first thing I noticed.

3. TheRainKing thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

heh, sorry about that. :)

Thanks for your advice.

Originally I was trying to get a white iPhone 4S on eBay but they are a little bit more expensive than the black ones, and then I noticed this black border thing and now I'm wondering if I should just settle for a black one, it's cheaper and I wouldn't have to put up with the border issue!

Hmmm, just can't make up mind. :D

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

In my last post I mentioned I had a white iphone for a few months, and that is because once the novelty of "white" wore off, I really missed the black one. I just think black is a lot cleaner looking (personal opinion of course). I will say once you have used a white one, the fingerprints on the black are very very noticeable.

5. Chis2busy macrumors member

By the way, you really have the worst case of yellowgate i have seen on an iphone o_O by a mile !

6. TheRainKing thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Thanks for the info. I got a black one in the end, mainly for financial reasons but also because of the black border issue. I guess I'll just have to wait till another time to experience a white iPhone. :)

It's not my iPhone, just a picture I found on Google. :)

7. Chis2busy macrumors member

Oh thank God for you mate..really that thing looked terrible :p
    You will see, those borders will grow in you..especially typing will take some getting used to, but u'll get there!and you will love it!