Are cockroaches coming out of your macbook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leomac08, Nov 21, 2010.

1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Yeah, title is self-explanatory. Cockroaches.. (BIG and small ones) coming from the inside of my macbook (near the screen, were the vents and speakers are)

Has anybody had similar problems with unwanted lil buggers?

What can I do? Other than spraying bug-spray? It's winter and those bast**** (who have lived for millions of years) look for warm places to lurk....
    :(

2. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Damn! That's horrifying.:eek: I have utter disgust for those things. It's a borderline phobia. I would shoot myself if that happened to me.
    As for a remedy, I don't know... Perhaps take it apart and clean the hell out of it.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

not me. As far as what to do, I have no idea.

4. jmann, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I find that microwaving my MacBook (looks cool and sparkly cause my macbook is aluminum), and regularly spraying my computer with pesticides normally fends off any intruding cockroaches.

If your problem persists I recommend taping a roach motel on the back of your MacBook with some sturdy tape. Try to avoid putting it over the apple logo, because it glows and we all know how much cockroaches hate the light.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you could start with spraying your house ... cause if they are in your Macbook ... they are everywhere.

Keep the lights on too :cool:

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If they're crawling in and out of your MB, you got those ****ers everywhere.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

OP have you checked your ears? lol

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You could turn your Macbook into a roach motel and charge them rent.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your Mac has a bug. Have you repaired disk permissions?

10. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Macs don't get infested or bugs. :rolleyes:

11. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Seriously.....I am thinking you should be waaaaaay more concerned about your house keeping skills rather than the current infestation in the MacBook

12. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

My thoughts exactly

13. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Burned....:D

Actually my house looks something out of an IKEA display house... pretty neat and clean....

I leave my MacBook charging for a long time....due to iPad..... Must have rusted over Halloween or some prank!

14. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you realize he was making light of the situation right?

16. Apple OC, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

except for the roaches :cool:

17. Queso macrumors G4

Very easy for those of us who live in temperate climates to make judgements about the housekeeping of others. It's worth remembering that in some parts of the world cockroaches are literally everywhere and there's bugger all you can do about them.

As to what can be done here, stick the MacBook in a sealed box overnight with a bug bomb.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

Ummm...what hole on a MacBook is big enough for a BIG cockroach to crawl out of?

19. applegeek13 macrumors regular

I'd nuke your house. Get an old Soviet warhead, place in your living room, and detonate. They can survive radiation, but not melting heat. :) Otherwise get your house sprayed, those little buggers are EVERYWHERE.

20. Malsi macrumors regular

Nuke it from orbit! I would pass out if I saw a roach come out of my computer. If I somehow touch the little demon spawns of the darkest depths of the abyss, I would probably go into cardiac arrest. So the only solution is to study physics, build a giant laser cannon that can target micro-organisms from space, and fire said laser after you detonate the nuclear warhead. If I win the lottery I'll be sure to move to Alaska, where hopefully my encounter with demons of many legs would be a minimum!

21. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

You've got some SERIOUS problems if roaches are coming out of your Macbook, an big old CRT TV would be understandable but a Macbook, not at all.
    Go to a exterminator and get your entire place sprayed nuked whatever, or if your living in an apartment/condo contact the landlord or home owners association.

Are you sure it was a roach and not one of those small little beetles? I once had a ladybug fly out of my Macbook after using it outside for a few hours.

22. Malsi macrumors regular

Exterminators are only a temporary solution. The best we could do to get rid of them is to knock the earth out of orbit and into the sun. Unfortunately, I don't think that would be enough.