Are eBay cases any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 55test55, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

The cheaper ones that i see listed on eBay? They seem pretty decent from a few of the reviews i have seen here. Also, if you like the product please provide a link to it.

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I bought cheap iSkin knock offs and they're awesome. 3 people have bought after seeing mine.

3. allaw macrumors member

All depends what you are looking for and satisfied with. I will be reluctant to buy a case before touching it. Though it is still tough to do it at store but at least I know I can return it. I have tried 4 cases so far and I only like the one from SGP.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Ditto this. I bought some because I get kinda sick of looking at the same color case all the time, so it's nice to be able to switch 'em up every few days and not go broke doing so. The only qualm I have is that some of them (not the ones Jessica mentioned--these were from another manufacturer) don't have the area that covers the volume rocker raised in any way, so it's all but impossible to increase or decrease volume just by feel. That's annoying, but I can live with it.

That said, I just got an Incipio NGP and LOVE IT. But when I get tired of looking at the pink, I'm sure I'll rotate back to one of the iSkin knockoffs. :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah mine cover the volume rocker and were $12.99 for 3. Took a while to get here (10 days IIRC), but they were from Hong Kong.

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

just like the regular cases

some of the china cases suck some are really nice. but the difference is they are allot cheaper if I buy a case for 5-7 shipped and it sucks I am disappointed. btw I've paid as little as $3 shipped for a decent case. Now If I pay $30 and it sucks I pissed. :mad: tip for you read the reviews on ebay which is cheapest place to get Iphone cases stay away from those fancy sites.

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I've yet to be disappointed with a case from eBay and I have purchased a LOT (I think I have a problem :p ). Even if you're looking for candyshell or a neo or just whatever brand name, you can almost always get it (the real deal, not a copycat) much cheaper on ebay.

Which cases are you considering?

9. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not really sure! I like clear ones, but those are not usually so great in my experience (read: griffin reveal). I also like solid color ones like the Incipio feather, and i think the iFrogz look decent too.

I was hoping people would provide links; i updated the initial post to ask people to!

10. Stormbringer macrumors regular

11. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

12. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys!

Sparrky, i really like the look of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180368026263&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

How is it?

Also thinking about these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180407549933&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (i dont get if its 10 different colors or what, the listing is confusing).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170383430833&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (i dont get if its 3 different colors or what, the listing is confusing).

Any thoughts on those two?

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thank you! This is exactly the case and seller I was referring to.

14. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

It's really great.. it's got a nice rubber feel so you get a good grip, fits perfectly. No scratching. I'll post some pics as soon as my digital camera recharges.

Yeah you get all 10 on the first one, and you can pick 3 colors on the 2nd link. I think those auctions are all over, but you can find new ones by going to the seller's stores. You can also buy just 1 of each for less. I think the 2nd link is 4.99 for 1, 10.99 for 3. They are also fantastic. They look better in person than in the pics. I have no wear on any of mine, but I do switch them fairly often.

Anyway, I'll be back with some photos for you. I think you'll be happy with all of these cases. :D

Oh... I posted some pics here of one type of case.

15. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, you rock! Time to put money in my paypal account haha.

16. jblock macrumors regular

I'll be the voice of dissent here. I've bought a few, all linked in this thread, and don't use any of them anymore. One had too thin a covering over the bottom chrome and dust would get in and scratch it up. The other two would pull up the sides of any brand of screen protector I used. So I'm back using an iSkin Solo, which doesn't have these issues.

17. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, i didnt notice that most of these dont protect the bezel. :( kind a deal break for me

18. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i bought one for my nano which covers all of the nano except the camera and the ports on the bottom. i think it can work for the nano but not the iphone. i suggest you go for better cases. (not saying ebay cases are horrible)

19. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

Another big thumbs-up for these cases! Nice embossed design, hasn't stretched out after months of use, covers bezel completely, good cut-outs.

And you can't beat the price: 3 cases for $12.99.

Bought mine in July, and still using them -- rotating between blue, purple, and red, with wallpapers to match.

:) Jennie