Are enough people interseted in having official support for custom SMS tones...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anim8or, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Do you want official support for custom alert tones?

1. Yes, Please.

56 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No!

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Don't Care....

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Yes, and have Jailbroken to have this feature

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Yes, but i don't want to jailbreak just for this...

14 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I think that if apple are purposely keeping the ability to have custom alert tones locked then they should get over it and allow us to do what we want with
    our sounds...

I mean what exactly is stopping them from allowing us to select a custom ringtone as our alerts???

Who agrees with me?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hell the process for getting a ringtone is not exactly user friendly. The iPhone is a joke in this regard, but then again I have mine jailbroken so it is not a problem for me.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I'd like custom SMS tones for my iPhone as well. I don't know why Apple is holding out on this other than there is just not a huge demand for it or they are trying to figure out a way to charge for it like the ring tones.

On a side note, I think that cahrging for ring tones was a bit of a flop. I really don't think that people wanted to pay again for a song that they already owned just to make it their ring tone. Plus it limited you to only certain songs that you purchased in the iTunes music store which was a real drag.

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

Post something to apple.com/feedback/iphone to get them to see people want it...

Maybe one day they'll give it to us

I just can't be bothered to jailbreak for this one thing but now we have 33% iphone's in our office its kinda getting annoying hearing everyone with tri-tone for incoming sms

5. onep00nis macrumors member

Not being able change tones for things like text and emails is one of the things I missed that I had when I was using a Blackberry. On the Blackberry you can assign different tones for text, mms, email. And if you had mulitple email accounts, you can set different tones for each email accounts. But that's not enough for me to go back to Blackberry. I don't miss all the constant reboots at all.

6. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

My point exactly... heck even my fiancee and I have trouble with it.... i now use a different SMS that i hate to distinguish form her at home... the hilarious thing is that the producer at my work uses the same tone as me now!!!!

AAAARRGGHH!