Are Faces and Places gone from Photos in ios7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wlow3, Sep 13, 2013.

1. wlow3 macrumors regular

I've only seen this confirmed in one early review of ios7 but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I'm assuming Faces and Places are gone now as a way to sort photos in ios7, which sucks because they were useful ways to filter photos. How does one find that picture of, say, Uncle Bob from years back without Faces - try to remember the year it was taken? And Places was a cool way to show all of one's photos from a particular location over the years. Sigh. Two steps forward, one step back. Watch them now take these features out of iPhoto on the desktop.

2. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

I agree. I LOVE Faces and Places. Am not looking forward to losing them when I get my new iPhone. Not sure if I want to upgrade my iPad for the same reason.

Also: It seems they removed the Picture Frame option from the iPad too! Can anyone confirm?

3. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Places is still there if you tap on the location that Collections sorts it by. Not sure about faces since I don't sync with a Mac.

4. titan4 macrumors newbie

Faces are still there. Just go to Albums tab and there is album called Faces.

5. wlow3 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank goodness. I'm glad to see this guy didn't know what he was talking about. I was wondering why I never saw it mentioned anywhere else.

"No more Faces and Places: The era of face-tagging and photo-maps is over, at least for iOS. The Faces and Places tabs are no more on iOS, replaced instead with Moments and Collections. Both of these still seem to be focused around location, and Moments includes map data for individual places; unfortunately for those who loved tracking friendly faces, from the keynote it doesn’t look like Faces will have a prominent place in iOS for the future."

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041306/27-new-ios-7-features-apple-didnt-talk-about.html