Are fingerprints that bad?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by andrewmon, Apr 3, 2011.

1. andrewmon macrumors newbie

I currently have the PS Anti Glare, however compared to some of my friends iPhone, I realize that I am losing A LOT of the retina. I am now thinking of switching to the PS Crystal, but I read a lot about fingerprints being really annoying. Is my decision worth it? Trading the clarity for fingerprints?

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Fingerprints are a part of life, haha. Especially when it comes to nice electronics, just get used to it.

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

They are only bad if you commit a crime and aren't wearing gloves. ;)

Seriously, though, I'd rather have to wipe off fingerprints than cover the display with some type of shield or anti-glare. I've had all versions of the phone (and the iPad) and I've never had anything on the screen. I have a little cloth I carry around (well I have one at work and one in my car) that I use to wipe off my phone when it really starts to annoy me.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Just use the phone like it was meant to be used!

Naked!

Forget about the screen protectors, you're missing out on the Retina Display in all its glory!

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Actually this is only an issue when it comes to shiny electronics. Because devices with a matte finish don't fingerprint problems.

6. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Lol, okay? If you have a matte black plastic back and greasy hands, there will still be smudges on the device. Even the most matte device and yet you have greasy hands, it'll still smudge it a little.

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'll agree with this. I personally use a screen protector because I can't grab the confidence to use it naked. But I do use a clear screen protector, can't stand the anti glare and the amount of clarity you lose using that. I use the SGP oleo, best of both worlds IMO. At the end of the day it's up to you, everyone has their own opinions and you'll get a different answer everytime.

8. draz macrumors 6502a

With the PS Crystal, all it takes is just any soft material to clean it like a t-shirt or napkin.

But I'd choose having to clean the screen often over the PS Anti Glare any day. So no it's not that bad at all.

9. /user/me macrumors 6502

Yep, screen procectores be awful

10. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I started with privacy screen shield. I realized I was losing tons of retina with it so I switched to a matte for a while. Loved the feel and the lack of fingerprints. However I always saw how clear my girlfriends iphone screen was (she had a regular clear one) and I have switched to a switcheasy cheapie. Probally won't go back to anything else. Fingerprints barely even show up unless u have greasy hands, then just give a quick rub against your tshirt or pants lol

long story short - go with crystal clear.

11. alox macrumors member

i'm using PS Crystal clear, if you keep your handz clean, fingerprintz isnt a problem.

12. JASApplications macrumors 65816

+1 to that. But I do have to give my phone a good clean after each day :D

13. tuamtuem macrumors member

For me

iPad : Anti-glare
    iPhone : Crystal clear only!!!!

:)

14. Resist macrumors 68030

Pretty much common sense that any object will show smudges from "greasy" hands. I could say if I were working on my car and got all oily, then touched my devices that they would show fingerprints......of course they would!

But for normal conditions, a matte finish does not show fingerprints like a shiny one does.

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Fingerprints are not that bad. It's nothing a wipe on the sleeve can't handle. The anti-glare definitely detracts from the clarity of the retina display, and it's something you stare at everyday, so why have it in any way lesser than it should be?

16. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

put plastic wrap on you eyes and you will not see them either.

Naked Glass. Use hand sanitizer + wet napkin and you will fine to clean it.

17. Resist macrumors 68030

Just annoying. If manufactures would stop making shiny products, this would be less of an issue.

18. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I actually like my fingerprints on my iPhone. Weird huh.. It means I'm actually using the device. If it's lucky, it will get cleaned once a week. It's a phone, and I treat it like one. :cool:

19. Pravius macrumors regular

I am super OCD when it comes to fingerprints, it's all subjective. I use my phone nude and I love it, I just wipe it after every time I use it :p