iPad mini Are front of iPad Mini and Mini 2 identical?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by divergirl, May 20, 2014.

1. divergirl macrumors regular

I have a problem with blue light keeping me up at night, so I use amber filters on my devices at night. I want to buy one for my iPad Mini Retina, but the company never made a newer model of screen filter for the Mini Retina and Air. Are the front dimensions for the iPad Mini Retina identical to the original iPad Mini? Like how wide and long the screen and chassis are, and the exact placement of the home button and front-facing camera?

I know that the original Mini is slightly thinner and lighter than the Mini retina, but I wasn't sure if the front dimensions changed at all. The screen filter I'm looking at has precise cutouts for the home button and the camera, so as long as the chassis in the front is identical on the two models I would be good!

Link: https://www.lowbluelights.com/detail.asp?id=111

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm missing something here, but have you considered just turning off the iPad when you are trying to sleep?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think what OP means is, there's a theory that if you like to read on iPad for a while before bed, being exposed to bluish light makes it harder for you to fall asleep when you do put down your iPad and try to sleep.