Are Glass Screen Protectors Worth It?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MichaelMidnight, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

I have on my 7+ and while I didn't get any scratches on it - not sure if the glass did what it was suppose to or if I never scratched it - I'm not sure if I should get one for the 8+ if I'm doing AIUP for a year. Do y'all think it's worth it, even if for but a year?

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Peace of mind, then yes. Others would like to go without, but I would never do so on expensive phone. They’re not that expensive, so why don’t you

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

To me it depends on the type of screen protector. The curved glass ones I can live with they are pretty much undetectable.

In normal circumstances you'll be fine without a protector as you'd be without a case.

4. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

I feel like they’re all cheap and break quickly

5. comptr macrumors 68000

Yes but it depends, if you drop your phone or are not careful with your phone then yes. I dropped my 7+ a few months ago and since I had a Glass shield on it, It saved the screen from cracking or even getting a scratch.

6. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Of course, especially since you have to trade in your phone at the end of the year you want the screen to at least look like it’s in one piece. I’ve always had them and had no issues with them. They are super cheap on amazon. Don’t need an expensive one.

7. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

It is typically the first thing I install on my phones. Wife has broken the Invisible Shield on her iPhone 6 twice, but no damage to the screen. Paid the $5 shipping and received a new replacement each time.

8. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I never had a cracked screen before the past 5 years until I had 2 in a matter of a month with my 6s. First one was my fault as I dropped the phone on my driveway and the second time, my 2 year old daughter in an effort to tease me grabbed my phone and threw it on the floor poolside while on vacation. Cost me over $200 to fix at third party places. AppleCare+ would have cost me roughly the same, which is why I pass on it.

After those 2 episodes, I decided to invest in the Zagg Luxe+Glass which I really like because it blends in with the color and curved glass and I don’t even know it’s there. If you have a low profile case like me, I recommend a screen protector.