Are guitar tuner apps iPhone only?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mac2x, Dec 12, 2009.

1. mac2x macrumors 65816

My new 32 GB iPod touch arrived yesterday...so excited! :cool: As a guitar player, I'm interested in getting a guitar tuner app. However, does the itouch even have a mic other than the one on the provided earbuds? I'm thinking you need an iPhone....but not certain.

2. na1577 macrumors 6502a

No, you can install any app that requires a mic on an iPod touch. But you'll need to use an external microphone because there is not one built in.

3. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I guess the included earbuds won't go to waste then. :D

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

5. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey, that's cool! Not bulky either. Could have more uses for me than just tuning guitars. :)

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Which is good considering I wouldn't know how to go about tuning a guitar if my life depended on it! Lol!!

I need to record some sounds on flashcards for my kids, which is why I was hunting for one. I really need to order it.

Hope the guitar thing works well for you. I'm very curious about the whole process (hence snooping into a thread I had nothing to contribute to! Lol!!)

7. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

8. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Hehe, thanks. I'll get around to ordering it one of these days. ;) Chemistry final next week! :eek:

As to tuning a guitar, it's a snap once you learn. ;) I typically tune by tuning (LOL) the high E to an external source (piano when I'm at home) and going backwards tuning the open intervals by ear. I think it sounds better that way, but it's probably snake oil. :rolleyes: :D

9. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Just bought a ThumbTack but not through SwitchEasy. Went through MyGearStore.com with the coupon code "itsmemorphious" from this youtube review. With the free shipping option the total came to $11.65 instead of $14.99.