Are Hard Drives that come with the MacPro Bogus?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pbkiller, Sep 10, 2007.

1. pbkiller macrumors regular

I bought my MPro on January 07, since then, the stock HD that comes with it has failed me 4 times. Yes they have sent me 4 new drives (compusa) and every single one of them keeps failing on me. The thing is i have 2 more drives besides the stock 250Gb one that comes with the MPro and none of those have failed me ever. Last week, after my 3rd HD replacement, i start hearing some "clack clack clack" sound coming from the tower. After that it disappears from the desktop and the disk is not usable anymore. I try it with Diskwarrior, the disk utility, nothing. And this is only with the stock HD that apple ships. The last 2 drives i have been using them as storage ( videos, photos, music) and they keep failing me. I dont know if this has something to do with my system or what, but its strange cause the other 2 HD bought them before i bought MPro and none of those have failed me. Im even tired of going to compusa to get my HD changed again. Let me know guys what you think the problem could be....

Rob

2. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

from what you said..I would blame compusa, not apple or the mac pro.

3. pbkiller thread starter macrumors regular

Each drive that compusa gives me comes sealed from apple.

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

How do you know they come from Apple? Did CompUSA tell you they did?

5. pbkiller thread starter macrumors regular

because every apple HD shipped from factory has this:

Apple logo thingy...

Attached Files:

• hd.jpg
      hd.jpg
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
  6. pooky macrumors 6502

Could it be your computer? Maybe a malfunctioning fan or something that is leading to the HD failures? That many failures is definitely odd.