Are icons and fonts going to be bigger on the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jun 23, 2014.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

2. BeeJee macrumors 6502

You can change font size on the current iPhone. The bigger screens will allow for more "zoomed in" text on screen if that makes sense

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I really hope not. I'm hoping for at least a five-column springboard with perhaps slightly smaller icons, especially on the 5.5" model. Why not use that extra real estate a little more efficiently?

4. BeeJee macrumors 6502

This is where an option to change the app size would prove to be useful

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Depends. A mockup was done where the home screen was zoomed to a 1704x960 resolution scaled for a 4.7" screen, and yes, the icons were a little larger than on the 5s, despite the higher PPI. :)

6. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Based solely on Apple's approach to springboard on the iPad, it doesn't seem like they'd provide an extra column on the iPhone but keep it 4x5 on the iPad.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'd like the option for both, maybe like the "More area" and "Bigger fonts" resolution picker in Mac OS X.

8. g35 macrumors 6502a

probably not, considering the iPad mini has the same size fonts & icons as all of the iPhones.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

That's because the iPad mini has the same 163pixels per inch resolution as the first 3 iPhones. When the phones went retina they didn't change the sizing - it still looks at 163 points per inch