Are iPad apps transferable?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by double329, Nov 4, 2010.

1. double329 macrumors 6502

I am selling my iPad to a friend. I want to give away all purchased apps along with the iPad. Are apps transferable to new owner? How? Thanks :D

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Not really. The new owner will be able to use the apps on your iPad until they decide to sync it to their computer, at which point they will lose everything on there when the iPad become associated with their account.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No, sorry, Apps are linked to the AppleID you bought them with, the only way to "transfer" them would be to give him your Apple ID (make sure you remove your CC from it before doing it) and them create a new one for yourself, that may not be possible depending on what email you use and for what else you use your Apple ID.

4. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. lozpop macrumors 6502

Why are you selling it? Don't answer if this a personal question!;)

6. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

No. Buy more apps. Welcome to the walled garden.

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Indeed.

Very annoying you can "gift" apps to other users by buying them, but not by transferring ones you've already bought.

Although this ability would mean being able to sell old/unwanted apps on eBay. Can't see Mr Apple liking that!

8. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was kind of on the fence to go with MacBook Air. Friend was making it easier for me. He has MBA, and now has my iPad too. I still love the iPad, but I just couldn't justify having both. He can!!!