are iPad chargers with different voltages... help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by taeccool, Dec 12, 2010.

1. taeccool macrumors newbie

Hi, this might be a very premitive question since I'm not that smart with gadgets:

I'm living in the US and am planning to buy an iPad 2 here when it comes out.
    I need to travel to Korea with it in the summer, and I noticed that they have different voltage...

So I'm thinking to buy an iPad charger from the official Korean Apple Store.
    Here is the link (even if you don't understand Korean, you will get what I'm saying):

http://store.apple.com/kr/product/MC359KH/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjA&mco=MTczNzY0MzA

So, would this be valid/compatible for my US version iPad?
    or will it harm the device somehow because of different voltage?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

There's no need to go to the trouble to buy a Korean charger. Korea uses the same voltage (220-240) and plug as most European countries. The US charger is compatible with that voltage and all you need is a simple plug adapter to use it anywhere in the world. You can find the plug adapters for a couple of bucks on Amazon, at a travel store, etc.

3. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

I think all apple powersupplies are able to work with 110 and 230 volts. If it says 110~220v somewhere it is a definetly yes. As long as the pins are the same (it fits in a Korean outlet) you are ready to go. No need for a different charger :)

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Like everyone else said, it will be compatible with the voltage, just make sure you have an adapter so the pins will fit in the outlet.

5. taeccool thread starter macrumors newbie