Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
Is anyone actually using these things daily? I got me the ipad LTE 128gb 6 gen and after having it a couple months, its kinda gets boring and I hardly use it. I play maybe one game on it (War Robots), and maybe surf the web a little, but other than that I don't do much else. I prefer using my Note 8 since it's easier to surf using one hand.

Apple really needs to make iOS alot more useful on the ipad or add other features to spice things up, I'm now actually thinking of selling it. It's basically just a big iPhone, they need to make it more like a real computer. I just don't see the point of having ipads anymore if you got a big phone unless Apple adds some features you can't get on a phone.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I spend a lot of time on my iPad. It manages everything for me... investments, contacts, calendar events/appointments, notes, books, PDF files, world news/finances, communication (email, Google Voice) and of course some entertainment. I couldn’t imagine doing all this on the tiny iPhone displays. The 9.7 size is perfect for me. It frees me from sitting and being anchored in front of the desktop. It’s portable and not cumbersome like a laptop.

So for me, not boring at all. It’s actually indispensable in my daily life.

Last edited:

Mark Holmes

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2010
San Diego CA
Yes. It is. And if someone at Apple would use their imagination and the full power of iOS, I imagine bringing my IPad home, using a usbc cord to attach an external monitor, and using it with a trackpad; preferably my iPhone laid flat, and a Bluetooth keyboard and making it a full on computer that I can also take with me as a simple tablet. Their vision seems limited when it comes to the iPad.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Boring? For me, not at all. I use my 10.5 iPP daily for reading books & news, general Internet browsing, some games, watching videos, email, etc. I have absolutely no desire to do any of that to any significant degree on a phone, irrespective of its size.

Reactions: artfossil

Dualvansmommy

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2014
No, it isn’t boring for me. I have a small phone still, 6s by comparison and have no desire to do a lot of things on my phone that I can on my 10.5 iPad Pro.

I use it daily to read longer emails, browse news, watch my tv shows/movies, read books, track my spending, online billing, FT with family and friends, and use it as my recipe during cooking. I also use to do my meal planning, grocery shopping, etc and shop online. Priceless.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
I haven’t turned my computer on in 2 weeks. I use my iPad everyday, though. I mostly just use my phone when I’m out of the house. At home, it’s all about the iPad. But if they could add even more functionality, I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
I think the boring part is you Op. you simply don’t have a use for an iPad, so sell it. Or put some time into finding great apps and discover how indispensable an iPad can be. I have two and do almost everything on them, work and play, don’t use my MBP much, and phone just as a phone.

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
I don’t think technology products get boring. However I do think people get boring. People who get bored with a device really don’t need one, or they would be doing something productive with it and therefore not becoming bored.

Last edited:

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
maybe not boring, just not much hype about it. I use my iPads everyday, definitely better than using the small screen of the iPhone. iPhone is great for portability (carry around everywhere) but can’t compare to the big screen of the iPad.

Last edited:

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
It’s boring cause there is no new iPad Pro. If we ever get a bezel-less iPad with Apple Pencil two, Face ID, Super-Retina display, Improved Sound, BT 5.0, and an A12X processor... then it’ll get mind blowing...

But that’s a big IF and probably not going to happen because we want it, (when has Apple made something when fans want it?) :/

K.

Reactions: m11rphy

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
I average anywhere between 4 to 6 hours a day of SoT on my IPP 10.5. So, no, I can’t say that I am bored with it.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
i use my ipad most of the time a day at home. i could say i use it 75-100% and macbook 0-25%. sometimes opposite way, depending on what im doing...

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
It’s boring cause there is no new iPad Pro. If we ever get a bezel-less iPad with Apple Pencil two, Face ID, Super-Retina display, Improved Sound, BT 5.0, and an A12X processor... then it’ll get mind blowing...

But that’s a big IF and probably not going to happen because we want it, (when has Apple made something when fans want it?) :/

K.

i dont want to get a bezeless ipad. current bezels works great.

Reactions: RudySnow

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
Even if I didn’t use my ipad for creative things like drawing, video & photo editing etc...I’d still use it everyday for lesiurely activities like surfing the web and watching netflix on. It’s so much more enjoyable than doing stuff like that on an iphone. Even the larger ones. Don’t get me wrong, the large iphones are great and convenient for always with you travel. But after awhile, even the ipad mini is more enjoyable to surf the web on than the largest iphone. At least for me. I guess the iphone xs Max is the new ipad mini tho since it looks like Apple is gonna discontinue the mini.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I use it for drawing, watching movies, surfing the web, and tv and forum posting. It is great when I do not want to fire up the iMac, but I still prefer macOS.

Boring? Nah, I would rather have a stable iOS than new features I will never use.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I don’t use it as much as my mba but love being able to just grab it and go. For me, the attached keyboard is a must. I didn’t appreciate the iPad experience until I bought the Smart Keyboard. I use it when I want to roam around and don’t feel like taking the laptop.

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.