Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I haven't been in an apple store in about 3 months, I try to avoid them if possible due to their terrible customer service, I'd rather buy it at best buy, but I don't think they get the supply replenishment that apple does. I'm going to be buying a 64gb next weekend, short question is do you think I will be able to find one?

mrcc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
getting it at best buy. ull need some luck. apple store theres quite a few 32gb and 64gb

otis123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
getting it at best buy. ull need some luck. apple store theres quite a few 32gb and 64gb

thats what I figured, I just hate apple stores, they treat me like crap, and no one want to help me. I'm a paying customer!

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Weird....... my apple store serves me like iam a king or something.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Weird....... my apple store serves me like iam a king or something.

your probably not 19... They probably think I'm just some stupid kid using the iMacs to take facebook pictures or something, but they don't know, so they should treat anybody like a paying customer.

mrcc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
I have a 25 dollar gift card to best buy. i was going to use it towards my ipad 3g but i called ALL best buys close to my area. NOTHING. so it looks like i will use that money for the apple case and cough up the 25 missing dollars to the apple store.

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
thats what I figured, I just hate apple stores, they treat me like crap, and no one want to help me. I'm a paying customer!

You may want to send an email to apple about whichever store you go into then. Because customer service is what their stores are all about. I have always had great customer service in their stores (multiple ones across the country) and will support the B&M stores because of it.

As to them having them in stock one of my friends picked one up at an Apple store today. Best Buy I have read tends to hold things till Sunday when their fliers are released so they have stock for what is in the fliers. So may want to check on Sundays (but your experience may vary)

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
I have a 25 dollar gift card to best buy. i was going to use it towards my ipad 3g but i called ALL best buys close to my area. NOTHING. so it looks like i will use that money for the apple case and cough up the 25 missing dollars to the apple store.

The 3g version hasn't been released yet. Supposedly end of the month for that version.

akal575

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
your probably not 19... They probably think I'm just some stupid kid using the iMacs to take facebook pictures or something, but they don't know, so they should treat anybody like a paying customer.

Fortunately, I can't relate with you. I am 19 and have purchased my MacBook, all my iPhones, and my iPad from the same store. I always shop with one apple genius and every time i walk into the store he always recognizes me and remembers my name.

Actually when i went to buy my iPad I had to use the restroom and i asked where the closest one was and they let me use the employee bathroom in the back. I must say i felt pretty cool walking through that huge silver door like secret wall door they have by the genius bar, haha.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
You may want to send an email to apple about whichever store you go into then. Because customer service is what their stores are all about. I have always had great customer service in their stores (multiple ones across the country) and will support the B&M stores because of it.

As to them having them in stock one of my friends picked one up at an Apple store today. Best Buy I have read tends to hold things till Sunday when their fliers are released so they have stock for what is in the fliers. So may want to check on Sundays (but your experience may vary)

Oh I have, I even received a phone call from the store manager, but the attitude in the store hasn't changed, I even go in there with my mom, and we receive no help. The last thing we bought (this is the alderwood mall store in WA state) was snow leopard and it took us fifteen minutes to flag someone down to check out. unacceptable, I work in the retail field, and if I don't provide excellent customer service I get fired. If I can't get one at bestbuy I will give them another shot, but I really don't want to.

hakuryuu

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Lomita, CA
The Apple store is what I wish all stores could be like. My first experience was when I bought my first Mac (MBP) and it still stands out as the best shopping experience I have ever had. The store can be a bit of a nightmare at times as they get busy but I have never not been asked if I need help, and if I say no they leave me alone.

Best buy seems to be the opposite. If I need help I can never find anyone nor do they ask. But if I don't need help like 5 people will ask. Can't imagine how bad a Microsoft store would be. :p

otis123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Well my mom and I bought 32gb ipads today at the alderwood apple store, they were very helpful, but it was still a pain to flag anyone down to help us. Best buy was out of stock in the entire state! So I think apple is really taking the lions share of of what they are making.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I'm in the same boat. I have a $75 gift card to Best Buy. I hear Sunday is the day they'll go on sale. Also, check their website. You can see if the stores close to you have stock or not.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
I have $170 gift card to best buy and really want to use it towards a 32gb. the gift cards dont arrive til tomorrow or monday so i hope they're in stock when i get them!!

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
I haven't been in an apple store in about 3 months, I try to avoid them if possible due to their terrible customer service, I'd rather buy it at best buy, but I don't think they get the supply replenishment that apple does. I'm going to be buying a 64gb next weekend, short question is do you think I will be able to find one?

Depends. Here in NY every Bestbuy is sold out - they get a shipment once or twice a week. The Apple store sell out every day. They get a shipment every day. If you're willing to wait in line 20 mins or so you can get one. I go in in the morning and they usually say they've received stock but have to process it and come back in an hour. 16s sell out reeeally fast but it might be because they order fewer of them.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I agree on the inadequate service at the apple store. When they did away with the registers now everyone is too busy to check you out. What the???? :mad: ive had a few experiences that I did not like so much, and good service other times. But I do blame the whole no register idea as part of the problem as I'm trying to buy a product and can't because no one is able to check me out!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
I'm going to be buying a 64gb next weekend, short question is do you think I will be able to find one?
Depends on the store of course, but I went looking last Sunday for a 16GB and the Apple Store was out of just that one (they said they might get more the next day). Plenty of 32 and 64GB ones though. Best Buy had only a couple 16GB left and were nice enough to temporarily hold one for me for when I called even though I didn't ask them to. :) They were out of Incase sleeves though so back to the Apple Store for one of those. I am impressed by the good service I get there despite how ridiculously crowded it always is. I can always find a free employee. The iPhone-based Point of Sale system is really cool.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Schedule a personal shopping appointment. You will get all the service you want.
I am 37 and I find it hard to get anyone to take my money.

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
I had to call around to 6 stores yesterday before I found any in stock and that included an apple store. Ended up finding a Best Buy two hours away that had just gotten a shipment in. I paid for mine over the phone so they would hold it and by the time we got there two hours later they had sold six more.

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Looking to upgrade to 64GB

Sold my 16GB to a millionaire friend for his trip to Costa Rica. The condition was that my wife sign him up for streaming Netflix. These are definitely an impulse buy!

Will have to hunt another one down or change my sig! :eek:

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
I just sold my 2007 27" iMac for $300 and my 2009 13" Macbook for 525 recently, so by adding a hundred bucks from last payday, I'm ready for the 64 GB + 3G iPad. C'mon Apple, I've got the moolah ready!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.