Are iPhone X actually selling over MSRP?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdwsta4, Nov 6, 2017.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

Seemed like the phone sold out in a few minutes and there were tons of comments that people will be selling phones for $2k on the secondary market. Is anyone actually buying these!? I briefly searched around CL and Bay and seemed like most were going for $100-150 premium. That's pretty much what best buy was charging. Doesn't seem like the phone is that hyped after all.

Or am I missing something?

2. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Supply wasn’t as constrained as analysts were predicting.
    It’s not so hard to get an X that it would be worth paying like $500 extra.

3. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

The odd few reached a 50% markup, but generally it's 10-20% which is normal for anything that will be mass-market in a few short months anyway.

4. vannibombonato macrumors 6502

I've sold 5 over the weekend, average markup in the end was 18% (i basically got mine for free, i needed the excuse with the wife...).

I did buy into the pre-launch scarcity rumors and pre-launch i did imagine that they would have been sold out till Jan, thus i was expecting -pre launch- to make up to 50-100% on the phones. Once i've seen the 3-4 weeks shipping i've immediately lowered prices as i wanted to get rid of them asap.

70% of buyers wanted 256GB grey, half of requests came from iphone 8 owners asking for trade ins. Lots of S8 users as well.