Are iPhones getting replaced for the blue spot issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleguy123, Oct 11, 2010.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Mine has this issue, but it never really bothered me until I needed to take some detailed photos for Science.
    Are Apple replacing the phones for this issue, or do all phones have it?

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Can you please post some pics with this issue? I want to see what it is.

And, I suspect that if you can show it to Apple, depending of course on the genius you work with, they will replace it.

As to any official policies, I have yet to hear anything, and I think that is because there are no official policies vis-a-vis the blue spot.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

No. The blue/green blob is caused by CFL lighting.

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

Yes, the room is lit with CFL, but do all iPhone 4's have the issue?

5. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I have this issue and I was not under CFL lighting.

6. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

In all fairness, if you are respectful enough to the genius and you stress how much this "issue" you are having is upsetting you, they will replace it.

Apple has always been amazing with customer service and they always will be. We pay more for our products, but (at least for me) this the reason why I continue to buy their products.

And to give you some first hand insight, my iPhone 4 is the second one I've had. This is when the proximity sensor issues were not really getting addressed by Apple and I went in for a genius appointment. I also had about 10 "test" pictures I took in different lighting with the green/blue blob to show the genius when I went in. He replaced the phone for me, no questions asked after he saw the pictures but he didn't try to replicate the proximity sensor issue.

Now, I'm not sure if he would of still replaced it if I hadn't shown him the photo's, but the point is that if you show them enough proof and treat them with respect, it goes a long way.

EDIT: Also to add, I'm still having green/blue blob problems with this new replacement. I think it might be an issue with a majority of iPhone 4's. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

7. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

Do anyone not have this issue? I don't want to have to unjailbreak and then reinstall everything if every phone is like this.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I had a camera issue with my first handset. One no one else seems to have had. I went to the store (BB) to swap it out for another handset and two phones in a row had the green blob issue.

So I took it to the Apple store and got it swapped there. I haven't got a camera issue under any lighting condition so far.