Are iPhones made by children?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scaz182, Mar 18, 2009.

1. scaz182 macrumors newbie

I bought into the iPhone hype about two weeks ago and am already on my third iPhone!

The first one had a nick in the back plastic moulding so I instantly got that exchanged!

The second one had a dodgy gasket which made the front glass loose in the top left corner and now my third may have a problem!

Has anybody else experienced buzzing within the earpiece (on the phone, not the headphones) when taking a call? Its not the GSM interference 'duh duh duh duuuhh duh dh' noise but a vibrating noise more like 'zzz zzzz zz zzz zzz' as if the speaker is faulty as I only have the speaker volume set half way!

Is this expected or should I be taking it back...again?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Is it the same on 3G and on EDGE?

If not, it's a network problem, not a phone problem.

3. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I've just been into town to test it on edge and its fine so guess your right its a 3g network problem! I'm on o2 in the UK, does anybody else get this?

I always thought GSM interference would sound more like when your phone is too close to a hi-fi speaker etc. not a vibrating buzz noise!

4. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually my last post is somewhat a lie!

The vibration noise didn't occur in town when the network dropped to EDGE but does when I'm in my house...even with 3G turned off!

So I guess it is the phone? trouble is I won't be able to prove it to the O2 shop cos it doesn't happen in town!

Can anyone confirm the type of noise that may be heard if it is a network problem?

EDIT: Just tried it using my headphones and the loudspeaker to take a call and the noise isn't there, got to be the phone right?

5. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I would imagine the second and third ones you received were not new ones and were actually refurb'd units.

New product =/= refurb

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It's the damn EDGE network! I have the same buzzing sound when I am on EDGE, and I am not swapping out my phone!

7. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, in fact I went to the Apple store to get it changed and they said as its only a few weeks old its best to take it back to my network supplier as they will replace it with a brand new one, which they did, all my phones have been sealed with all accessories (which has also accidentally landed me with two pairs of headphones, they don't check for accessories when exchanging, could have kept everything)

But I get it on 3G as well! & after testing it with the loud speaker and my headphones without getting the buzz it must be a fault with the speaker hardware (I'm gonna go into O2 on the weekend and try to get it exchanged again!)

lol, I thought I was joking!

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

If by 'children' you mean magical oompa loompas who live in the super secret, super exciting Apple Chocolate Factory, then yes.

9. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucky number four.

Just in case anyone wants to know the outcome, I replaced the iPhone this morning and the problem is gone, no distortion/crackling/buzzing or anything! :)

Think I've finally got a perfect phone, their fail rate must be huge or I'm just incredibly unlucky.

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm on my 4th iPhone 3G, so don't feel bad. Also my 4th was perfect too. It still doesn't have any cracks (a few minor chips that I probably put there, but they're not cracks) and that's it. The rest of the iPhone is perfect... only thing left is to make the software better.

11. avediswolf macrumors regular

avediswolf

Unfortuneately, that girl makes ALL the iphones. They expect her to turn out thousands of iphones a day. She hasn't slept in weeks, and is possibly on the edge of dying by now. This is the reason we have flaws in the iphone.

This poor girl can no longer go to school or see her family, She makes iphones 24/7.

They even shock her with cattle prods when turnout is not fast enough.

They even quit paying her, but she doesn't know this yet, she is working non stop.

So when your iphone blows up, and you return it, think about that cattle prod, and the poor girl. If another 10% get returned, she may lose a finger.
    :confused::confused::confused:

12. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well glad to hear its not just me!

I'm going to reinstall a Invisible shield to ensure I don't get any major scratches/chips etc. then all should be good!

re. the software I just hope OS 3.0 doesn't bring with it bugs relating to its basic functionality as a phone and MP3 player!

13. scaz182 thread starter macrumors newbie

too right, slacking!