Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
My friend has a 4GB PRODUCT (RED) 2nd Generation iPod Nano, and couldn't use it on his Windows ME computer, now he's gone and bought a vista machine (I would have recommended an iMac but I didn't know he was getting a new PC).

ANYWAY, my point is will his iPod Nano work with Windows Vista?

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
My friend has a 4GB PRODUCT (RED) 2nd Generation iPod Nano, and couldn't use it on his Windows ME computer, now he's gone and bought a vista machine (I would have recommended an iMac but I didn't know he was getting a new PC).

Yes Itunes works for Vista so he should be fine.

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California

iTunes supports XP and Vista (And it might even support Windows 2000) but it never supported ME. Pretty much all the iPods since the (2nd or 3rd generation I am not sure someone can fill that in for me) Have worked on windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.