Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yourdream

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Are the DRM-free songs in iTunes worth spending money on? I heard there will be three different prices coming in April (69 cents, 99 cents, and $1.29), will I regret if I buy now if songs are cheaper later on? Also, if I ever bought music and it has embedded my account information on the files, will the account email information change on the files if I change my email?

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Are the DRM-free songs in iTunes worth spending money on? I heard there will be three different prices coming in April (69 cents, 99 cents, and $1.29), will I regret if I buy now if songs are cheaper later on?

I think $0.99 a song is fair. If you really don't need the songs now, you could wait until the price change sets in... it's up to you.

Also, if I ever bought music and it has embedded my account information on the files, will the account email information change on the files if I change my email?

I'm not really sure if it will change or not because I've never tried this. I do know that it shouldn't be that big of a deal if it doesn't since the iTunes Plus songs are DRM-free. You don't need to authorize your songs anymore.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you change your email address, then any existing files will still show your old address. However, any DRM-protected files can be authorised using your new address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.