Are iTunes store receipt emails supposed to come this late?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by omgwut, Oct 8, 2008.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

Hey,

Every time I make a purchase on iTunes the email receipt notice *always* comes anywhere from two to five days late or more. Last Friday I bought the Radiohead instrumental stem tracks for "Nude" and "Reckoner". The confirmation email for "Nude" appeared in my inbox the next night, and the other purchase confirmation just showed up this afternoon.

It wouldn't be such a big deal but it was five days until I got my access code to download the Garageband project file with it.

So I'm just curious, is something up with my email service or is this typical for everybody else? Thanks.

2. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

my reciepts are similar, anywhere from the same day up to 6 days is the longest it took to recieve one...I think it depends on when apple recieves payment from the cc, as to when they issue the reciepts.

3. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thank you. :)

4. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Probably they want to collect multiple transfers in 1 single mail instead of mailing every app or song, so it's more logical to wait a few days and collect more purchases.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes this is normal. Apple does this to save costs per transaction. They wait a day or two to see if you will purchase something else so they can process it together so there is only one transaction charge from the credit card company to them.

6. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohhh, I see. That makes sense.