Are late-2014 Macbook Pros going to be released?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yashraj, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Yashraj macrumors newbie

I checked the timeline of previous Macbook Pro releases and as it turns out late-2014 model should have been released by now, but by far there are no rumors to point towards any release.
    I am planning to spend over 2k on a Macbook and I need to know if a new model is coming out shortly.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Very very unlikely. The new Intel Broadwell chips that would be used in those have been delayed until next spring, so don't expect a new MacBook Pro model until then.

They just did a small spec. bump of the existing Retina model in July.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

They already have been. The next update will most likely be in the second (or possibly third) quarter of 2015 with the latest Intel Broadwell chips.

4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

They just updated in july, hopefully broadwell could be available in feb/march 2015 and apple could get early access.

5. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

No, because there aren't any new CPU's to put in them yet (blame Intel).

There might be a broadwell spec bump in the spring, but for MBP's nothing new (the real action is going to be with the Macbook Air which will benefit from Broadwell's power savings).

The significant upgrade won't happen until later in the year when Skylake comes out.