Are Linear cases good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sevendeadly101, Oct 10, 2011.

1. sevendeadly101 macrumors newbie

I clicked on a link on this website to see the linear cases. I'm interested in the ones that have the backing. Does anyone know if these are any good? I've found with some cases that they actually scratch the phone over time, and you only find out about it AFTER you take the case off.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Which cases did you find? Link?

3. sevendeadly101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is the link. There is an answer to the question on scratches on the site and they state since it's a snap on case it won't scratch the phone, but I've had other snap on cases that have done so. I was hoping someone had real experience on these.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/.../sgp-iphone-4-case-linear-crystal-series.html

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

All cases would scratch eventually as they have dust get caught between the case and the phone. If you take the phone case of every night and wipe away the dust with a microfiber cloth it should avoid scratching for a longer.

5. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

6. Thomas P. macrumors member

Thomas P.

but I think the dust scratches will be at least better than the direct scratches that my phone gets due to the direct contact between the iphone and the keys, iphone and the coins.

What would you say to that?