Are MB "Two Finger Trackpad" Options Available when Running in VISTA under Parallels?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by r-gordon-7, Dec 26, 2007.

1. r-gordon-7 macrumors newbie

I'm brand new to the Mac world - and I have a new black MB w/4GB RAM on order. (It's to replace my much larger but 3 1/2 year old 17" HP laptop running XP w/512K System RAM and 64MB graphics card memory.)

My plan is to install Parallels and Vista. Will the MB's "two finger scrolling" option work when in Vista using Parallels, or will it only work when in Leopard?

Same question re "two finger tapping" as a substitute for "right click" when in VISA using Parallels...?

(I know this is a hardware forum -and am posting this here because I'm asking about what seems to me to be a hardware - trackpad - feature - but frankly, I really don't know if this is a hardware or software question, so please excuse me if I posed it in the wrong forum after all...)

Thanks,
    r-gordon-7

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. r-gordon-7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

r-gordon-7

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

I haven't used parallels, but you might need to burn a drivers disk beforehand. Maybe not, though. If for some reason it doesn't work right away in Parallels, go into boot camp and burn a windows drivers disk and that will solve your problem. Good luck (you'll need it...) with Vista.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There is no need, Parallels tools accomplishes this :)

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, that helps for one to deal with the transitions to the wonderful intuitiveness of Vista, then. Should be easy, so enjoy using two systems at once!

7. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Actually it's the wonderful Parallels Tools. vista wouldn't have a clue how to use the 2-finger trackpad.
    BTW...I highly recommend XP SP2 with Parallels.

Go Colts!!!

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's the point. I was being sarcastic.