Are More Expensive Blue Tooths Better?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by htownmade1984, Feb 13, 2012.

1. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

I have a $40 Jabra blue tooth that I bought from AT&T. It sucks. A lot of people complain about not being able to hear me when I am using my Jabra headset while on a call...

I see Jawbones for over $100. Are the more expensive headsets worth the money, or is this a general blue tooth headset issue?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You should probably find out if it's actually the Bluetooth device you're using or something else; like maybe your microphone is being blocked by your cheek or something.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Test before you purchase. This is the benefit of buying locally over mail order.

Expensive only guarantees you pay more, not that you receive higher quality devices.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Price is just price. I've had excellent bluetooth headsets that were cheap and excellent ones that were pricier. Don't make assumptions based solely on price.

5. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I have a Motorola HX550. it is not expensive and has been great for me. After many hours of research and looking at plenty of expensive headsets, i took the gamble on the cheaper model (the moto hx550) and it has worked flawless. Good sound, access siri and music. I would suggest it to anyone.