Are multi gestures supposed to be included in IOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I was going to enable them but if coming officially soon then I'll probably just wait

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm actually in the same situation as you. Hopefully my iPad arrives tomorrow so I can have it while I watch the keynote. However I'm gonna wait to enable gestures until Steve confirms two things for me:
    1. If IOS 5 will have the gestures.
    2. When IOS 5 will be released.

If they are supposed to be included and IOS 5 is released relatively soon, then I'll wait till the update. Otherwise, if either of those two things aren't working out for me, I'm just gonna enable them and call it a day. So really it depends on what happens tomorrow.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

They are not ment to be according to apple, they said they are available for developers to use in there apps and won't be in the iOS. Personally I like them and hope they are included in iOS 5, I have them enabled u need to buy Xcode and hook up your devise and click use for development.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Having paid for it. I wouldn't be disappointed if Apple never includes in iOS 5. LOL

5. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

u can enable it pretty easily with windows on the ipads

i use it all the time so i'm not sure why some of u are thinking that it wouldn't come or dont need it.

the home button is very archaic

actually the whole i0S4 is archaic

i'm tired of the grid system.
    :mad:

6. Calvinator666 macrumors member

Indeed, I think the Multitasking Gestures function is probably one of the strongest features, and now I cannot imagine myself not having this awesome function on my iPad anymore.

7. dankron macrumors newbie

i have just installed ios 5 on my ipad, and i'm very disappointed to see multi-gestures is no longer present not even for developers...

but some of the other feature are pretty cool... specially the split keyboard...

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Good to know I'm not alone in this cause I was just looking for an answer on this as I could not make it work under iOS 5.

Sucks to say the least.

9. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

The multi gestures are a great feature. i use them all the time.

10. Pared macrumors 65816

See my previous thread. It may be a iPad1 omission.

11. Cha macrumors regular

12. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

They better be there, iOS 5 will be difficult for me to use without them. I've really gotten used to them.

13. dankron macrumors newbie

thats a bummer for ipad 1 users, i can't believe they left this feature off, i really enjoy that...

sad...