Are multi-tasking gestures on the iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak disabled?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gochi, Apr 4, 2011.

1. gochi macrumors 6502

2. oscarod macrumors newbie

They will probably have a Cydia app that can enable it without any issues.

3. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

4. gerabbi macrumors regular

I have iPad 1 JB and I enabled them via Xcode on 4.3.1

YMMV

5. gochi thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, you can do it via x-code. Thanks for testing that out!

For windows users, its possible as well. It is a easy process. Youtube it or PM me, if you are on Windows & want multi-tasking gestures.

6. oscarod macrumors newbie

I believe this is available for iPhone as well (if jailbroken)

7. mosx macrumors 65816

If you're on Windows, just use sn0wbreeze to re-enable the features when you create a custom IPSW.

8. tomasno1 macrumors newbie

is it working on iPhone 4 as well? i mean if i have iOS 4.3.1. Did any1 test it?

9. gochi thread starter macrumors 6502

I was wondering, via this method, are you able to enable/disable gestures, by going to settings on the IPad.

The method I used was the same one linked by dav1, however, if following this method, you have to connect your ipad to your computer and undo the process everytime you want to disable gestures.

I take notes via noterize, and these multitasking gestures can get in the way often, so I need to turn them off without connecting my ipad to a computer.

10. Dav1boy macrumors member

It can be activated right from ur jb iPad via ifile. No need for Xcode. Look a few threads above this one that was started by lavrishevo. He has given directions on what string to ad. I just managed to find a shortcut by using ifile on my jb 4.3.1

11. gochi thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, I read a post describing the iFile method...but one would have to enter <false/> everytime they wish to disable gestures.

Is there an app, or another method of turning off gestures without having to go into ifile every time?

12. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

This method of using Snowbreeze and using creating an IPSW is the best method. It will actually give you an option to enable and disable gestures in the settings. It comes Default Disabled and you will have to go into setting and enable it. The Snowbreeze method is the only method i recommend and have done it for 4 ipads in the last week and no issues with any of them.

13. pmz macrumors 68000

It's not the best way, because its a hack. When a hack is the only way to do something, that's one thing. When theres an easy and more official way, like plugging into Xcode, that is is BEST way.

For those without access to Xcode, they can settle for a hack. Everyone else should use Xcode to enable the gestures.

14. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

The xCode way is much cleaner, doesn't require to Jailbreak.
    Gestures work great; once you get used to them, you don't want to loose them.
    Hopefully Apple will officially enable them in a future iOS release.

15. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

So correct me if I am wrong...you have to download a 4.2gb file to enable the multi-gestures???. Also what happens if you have a windows computer and you want to run Xcode. Does that mean we need to use a Virtual Machine and spend some more time to get that up and running and then download Xcode just to enable the multi-gestures. Now if you are not planning on messing around with a jailbreak then i can see the time and effort to setup xcode to enable multi-gestures.

http://www.powercx.com/iblog/ipad/multi-finger-swipe-on-ipad-1st-gen/

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/0...h-gestures-in-ios-4-3-on-the-ipad-and-ipad-2/

16. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

If you are a Windows user, even one who never plans on Jailbreaking, just do what was posted above by Dav1.

17. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

If you enabled gestures in 4.3, when you upgrade do you need to enable them again? I assume not, but if Apple is trying to keep people from doing this, then who knows.