Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Does anyone think that Apple might update their LCD monitors anytime in the near future? After seeing the new iMacs, I thought maybe that they would upgrade the LCDs with the same styling in mind. I am looking to get a Mac Pro when they upgrade those and I really hope that the LCDs get some sort of an upgrade as well. Any thoughts?

machatch

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
depends
Does anyone think that Apple might update their LCD monitors anytime in the near future? After seeing the new iMacs, I thought maybe that they would upgrade the LCDs with the same styling in mind. I am looking to get a Mac Pro when they upgrade those and I really hope that the LCDs get some sort of an upgrade as well. Any thoughts?

yes there will be a upgrade.the problem is however(led ore not led) that steve jobs are aiming at led screen - "the green policy thing" since led screens produce no mercury therefor no polution..
quote:"Apple plans to reduce and eventually eliminate the use of mercury by transitioning to LED backlighting for all displays when technically and economically feasible."
http://www.apple.com/investor/

So acording to the led theory new displays will come late 2008-2009
if not led maybe in january:)..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.