Are new Macbooks coming?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyroceon, Feb 10, 2008.

  1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a


    Feb 9, 2008
    First let me preface by saying that I have done a TON of research and I know quite a bit about Apple. My problem comes from the following: I can wait until this summer to buy a new computer, but, I don't mind buying one soon. However, if I know that there is a chance of an update soon, I will wait it out. On the other hand, if I know for certain that there isn't going to be a refresh of the Macbook than I will just buy one as soon as I can. I also know that nobody really "knows" what Apple will do, but this will be my first Mac and I want it to be a good purchase. So what tips do you guys have besides, "if you want it now, buy it now and enjoy it now," because remember I'm in no rush until this summer as my Dell is still working just fine.
  2. EricNau Moderator emeritus


    Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Have you read the MacRumor's Buyer's Guide?

    ...We're really in that "we have no idea" part of the cycle. There could be an update a few weeks from now, or a few months, or even longer. We have no idea, although chances are it'll be awhile.
  3. Hankster macrumors 68020


    Jan 30, 2008
    Washington DC
    There are dozens of threads all over these boards about this topic, no one really have an answer...else it would be posted all over the Internet :cool:
  4. tbeahrs macrumors newbie

    Jan 30, 2008
  5. noodle654 macrumors 68020


    Jun 2, 2005
    Never Ender
    MBP-----> Soon
    MB------> May/June time

    iMac----> April/May?
  6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

    Feb 2, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Just buy it now it probably won't come too soon.
  7. goose1873 macrumors member

    Jan 29, 2008
    Erie, PA
    they are not going to upgrade the graphics cards in the MB's for fear of losing MBP money. Nothing else they can do will make much of a it now and enjoy.
  8. kabunaru Guest

    Jan 28, 2008
    I think that MacBooks will be updated in May with Penryn, LED displays and maybe aluminum. The wait would be worth it and I suggest you wait.

Share This Page