Are Notes supposed to be in my E-mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by M-5, Oct 12, 2009.

1. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Whenever I sync my phone to my computer, the notes on my iPhone will show up to both of my Gmail addresses that are synced to my phone as well. They show up in the Mail app on OSX. And I remember deleting them before on the Mail app, but when I synced my phone to the computer again, they were also deleted from the phone.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup, thats how it works, under the thinking that you'll see notes when you check your email every time. Delete from one and next sync its gone from the both.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

There is an option in iTunes to disable the syncing of notes.

iPhone - info - Notes

This will stop it copying the note into your emails. I guess they treat it as an email to yourself so if you check your emails from any place webmail, desktop client you will see the note. You can probably also filter them into a note folder automatically.

4. M-5 thread starter macrumors 65816

M-5

Is this new, because I don't remember them showing up in my emails before. And is it just in the Mail app on OSX, because they don't appear in the same email addresses but on my phone. Can I remove this feature? I don't like them showing up there.

Edit: Just saw your reply. Okay, I will try that.