Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Hi,

I know there are currently all these ios8 issues so I'm trying to be patient but I just want to know if this issue is one of the more common ones that hasn't been sorted out yet. Has this happened to any of you? I activated my new iPhone 6+ last night so I know by then I was no longer installing the version with the worst issues which is why I ask. Thanks!

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Hi,

I know there are currently all these ios8 issues so I'm trying to be patient but I just want to know if this issue is one of the more common ones that hasn't been sorted out yet. Has this happened to any of you? I activated my new iPhone 6+ last night so I know by then I was no longer installing the version with the worst issues which is why I ask. Thanks!

definitely. it's messing with my whole phone it seems. it either crashes or it will hang and just freeze the phone.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
The first time I opened Facebook when I updated to 8.0.2 it insta crashed to home screen so I closed the app from multi tasking tried again and haven't had any issues since.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Facebook for iOS has always been trash but now its ridiculous. I had to reset my phone 3 times yesterday because it kept freezing when trying to open FB.

I can actually say the Facebook software for my blackberry was flawless. The iOS one is a joke.

mgroot

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
It's terrible on iOS8. It wasn't one of the best apps before iOS8 but now it's a lot worse

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Thanks everyone. I hope they fix it sooner than later! Didn't fully realize what a FB junkie I am! #

Yakibomb

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2014
Cape Town
I actually think 8.0.2 made this worse for me. The app resprings if I use it for more than 5 minutes or try and compose a new post :mad: Its even caused my 5s to restart a few times

blenderman17

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
Baton Rouge
I'm only having issues when I go to a webpage within the app to view a video and the audio not working after I take my phone off of silent mode. Once you do that, you have to pause the video and then restart it to hear the audio.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Use Paper in the meantime, or switch over to it like I have. And as a bonus, it still supports facebook messaging!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.