Are people crazy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rowensiv, Jun 1, 2008.

1. rowensiv macrumors member

A 16GB iPhone just sold on eBay for $600.00 Unlocked. The seller said that it was "new in the box, sealed". :rolleyes: That seller made a quick and easy $100.

Are people crazy? Don't they watch the news? Don't they get that a new one is coming out in a few days? :apple:

2. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I sold my used 8Gb one for a £100 profit, which is about $200. Yes, there are some stupid people out there!

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This is the first time you've noticed that people on eBay have no common sense? For real?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Let's just keep to ourselves, that way I can make $200 on v1 after I buy v2. Shhhhhh! :p

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

People have also started to hijack ebay accounts and buy things. Not say that that is the case here. But it could be.

6. rowensiv thread starter macrumors member

oh no, its not the first time ive noticed it... i was just messing around on there and saw it sell for $600. i just thought it was kinda dumb... haha ;)

7. Red Sox macrumors regular

then you've got the idiots that buy broken iphones for up to $250. I just sold one that I found in a parking lot. It looked like it had been run over by a car, and I sold it for $185.

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Read the other threads that talk about this. I cleared 350 on two refurb iPhones from AT&T. That 350 is after eBay and Paypal fees and shipping.

9. neven macrumors 6502a

Which major news outlet carried the story of new iPhones coming out, pray tell?

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I think there is not one local news channel that did not report the story last month. I know my local news did and I rarely turn on my TV anymore, yet I still heard it.

11. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Yet another reason not to buy Apple products on E-bay....but to sell them is another story.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I hadn't been on eBay in forever. A couple of days ago, I put a Dish Network receiver in my watch list. Yesterday, I got some phony e-mail saying something about a bid I made on a 1918 Model T Ford. They've got some bad scams, those eBay peoples.