Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
My mom is going to buy an iphone when she comes out for a visit in about a month and I'm wondering if we need to get it pre-ordered for her online to have it delivered shortly after they get here or if we'd be able to walk into Apple and buy one? Currently it's showing early November for delivery for no pick up in store options.

Also, are the apple stores taking apple pay for the new iphones yet? (If they are, I can load my mom's discover into my phone and she can then buy her iphone using apple pay and get the 10% cash back bonus!)

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
I just got my 6s plus silver 64gb today. I reserved through the Apple Store app and went into my local Apple Store and was in and out with my phone within 30 minutes! Where are you located? I checked istocknow.com for store inventory. That website pretty much gives you every Apple Store and tells you which phone and what capacity they have in stock!

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Try to reserve through Apple online. I've found the best times to get the one you're looking for are 8AM and 2PM. My local Apple Store always seems to have the best supply at these two times. You can also order the one that she wants online. I ordered my 128GB Sim Free Silver 6S Plus at Apple.com on 10/9 and it is being delivered on 10/26. That is a week earlier than they said it would come when I placed the order.
I'm not sure about Apple Pay as that is something that I don't use yet. Good luck and I hope your Mom enjoys her new iPhone. :)

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I would say put one on order through apple.com for home delivery and in the mean time continue to check apple.com to see if there is any available stock in your local apple store and if they do reserve one and pick it up.

Apple store receives shipments every day, but of course they don't know what it is until they open it and when they do, they will update the inventory. As Eileen mentioned, best time to check is 8 am in the morning (pretty much left overs from the previous day) and/or 1-2pm in the afternoon (sometimes they even update at 11 am as well so keep checking. The hardest one to come by is the 128 GB model.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Three out of four stores in my area have them, and have had them. But these are amongst the largest, busiest Apple Stores I've been to in the USA.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I just got my 6s plus silver 64gb today. I reserved through the Apple Store app and went into my local Apple Store and was in and out with my phone within 30 minutes! Where are you located? I checked istocknow.com for store inventory. That website pretty much gives you every Apple Store and tells you which phone and what capacity they have in stock!

palm desert is the closest apple store. i'll check out that website... thanx!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Try to reserve through Apple online. I've found the best times to get the one you're looking for are 8AM and 2PM. My local Apple Store always seems to have the best supply at these two times. You can also order the one that she wants online. I ordered my 128GB Sim Free Silver 6S Plus at Apple.com on 10/9 and it is being delivered on 10/26. That is a week earlier than they said it would come when I placed the order.
I'm not sure about Apple Pay as that is something that I don't use yet. Good luck and I hope your Mom enjoys her new iPhone. :)

ok.... sooooo where do you reserve online? I only see the "buy" button that just gives the option on ordering. so am I missing something?

I hope she does! I've been bugging her for three years that she needs one! haha! ever since she got her first ipad mini (and then she bought version 2 when it came out!) she loves that! show I'm really, really hoping she's happy with the iphone! (And we convinced her that macbooks were the way to go with laptops and she got one of those a couple years ago, too!).... so we are slowly but surely assimilating her! she still has a silly windoze desktop, though!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
OK so I guess the "problem" is the phone she wants.... rose gold! and I'm assuming 128GB haha! oh... and Verizon!

i found the reserve in store (for using apples payment plan) and also looking at istock and there are a TON of 6s in every color and combination... but she wants the big phone :) and says she likes the pink! I'm sure she'll want 128GB cuz she loves using her mini to take pics and videos so I'm pretty sure she's gonna choose the largest capacity! so i guess we'll probably just end up ordering it! if they order it when they leave home maybe it will get here about the same time they do! if not.... she's more patient than i am!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
OK so I guess the "problem" is the phone she wants.... rose gold! and I'm assuming 128GB haha! oh... and Verizon!

i found the reserve in store (for using apples payment plan) and also looking at istock and there are a TON of 6s in every color and combination... but she wants the big phone :) and says she likes the pink! I'm sure she'll want 128GB cuz she loves using her mini to take pics and videos so I'm pretty sure she's gonna choose the largest capacity! so i guess we'll probably just end up ordering it! if they order it when they leave home maybe it will get here about the same time they do! if not.... she's more patient than i am!

Not sure when she plans on visiting but now Apple has changed it to 1-2 weeks out for the 6S Plus's. So even if you order one today, there is no doubt that it will ship next week.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014

Oh, if she likes pink, she will love the Rose Gold! I'm not a big fan of pink even though I'm a woman, which is why I didn't care too much for it and sent my RG 6S Plus back the day after I received it. Like Shadowbech mentioned above. Apple has moved up their orders on the 6S Plus. So even if you do decide that ordering is the way to go. I don't think you'll have much of a wait at all. I think you are better off going through Apple than Verizon to cut down on your wait time.

Reactions: determined09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.